Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Chevy
Chassis: P30
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 21
Jeep Manifesto Commercial

One of the greatest ads for a car company I've ever seen.

This monologue has to apply to more than just cars. It's very timely. I think Americans are sick and tired of being talked down to and apologized for all over the world. We should never be afraid or "sorry" for greatness. Gotta get back to our foundation. ? Let's do it.

"Believe you can and you're halfway there."
SeatTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26
Re: Jeep Manifesto Commercial

This is a long overdue commercial genre. It's about time someone in media woke up to the pride we Americans have felt for our country for all of our lives without apologizing for anything.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceni John
When I first saw this commercial I was truly gobsmacked. I resonated with me in a way almost no other car adverts ever have. Most car advertising is as unimaginative and numbingly dull as the cars themselves, but here instead was something fresh and uplifting. It made me actually feel interested in the product they were touting! If the Grand Cherokee's quality and fit/finish is as good as the ad says, there's hope yet for the beseiged US auto industry. I've always maintained that there's no damn reason why Americans can't make the best cars, or anything else for that matter, in the world. Unfortunately all too often the bean-counters or the marketing gurus have the final say, so what should be a good engineering solution for the task simply becomes an example of planned obsolescence and/or muddled design, or is simply so poorly made that there's no reason to buy it at all. Look at the demise of Schwinn bicycles as a good example of this.

If this new Jeep works well on-road and off-road, and if it's well made and doesn't squeak and rattle after only a few thousand miles, and if the dealers can support it with good customer service, and if it could come with a modern high-performance diesel engine (just like most cars worldwide have - why does the US still cling to inefficient gasoline engines?), and if it doesn't depreciate like crazy, who knows, maybe it will be the catalyst to inspire folk to buy American. Let's hope Chrysler has done their homework right, so they don't fall flat on their face and end up looking silly.

John
John;

I cringe to say this (and with a strong hint of sadness), but the taxpayer now owns Chrysler. Unless the Hand of God Himself comes down and caresses this endeavor I fear this is a government attempt at success. We all know how that story ends (i.e. oil spill, community organizing, unions, Katrina, Vietnam, etc.).
Old 06-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

I LOVE my Jeep Grand Cherokee. My daughter liked it so much that when it came time for her to buy her first car... she bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is one of the few vehicles that I have owned that I would buy another one (Volkswagon Squareback... the one with the same engine they put in the Porche 911 and I liked my Cadillac Coupe DeVille... huge engine... it hauled). And I can tow it 4 down.... YES!!!!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote