Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: 2002 Bluebird All American RE
Engine: 8.3 Cummins W/ Allison 3060
Just Left The Shop ~ Suspension Question

Thank you for checking my post!

A little background on the bus. After driving all day and parked for the night the rear leaf spring pops. For example, I will be laying on my air mattress, not moving, and the rear leaf spring pops for about an hour. Also, the driver side rear dually is much closer to the body than the passenger side (See Pictures)

I just left a shop while driving my school bus back home. The shop said the king pins were bad as well as the front driver side leaf spring. Would the front drivers side leaf spring cause the rear to be off as well? I am a novice when it comes to heavy duty suspension so this is all new to me. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
20171027_155305.jpg   20171027_155332.jpg  

Chris & G Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #2
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & G Travels View Post
Thank you for checking my post!

A little background on the bus.
Please fill-in your bus profile in your control panel so we all know your bus is a 1976 YugoHauler 2000.

Could just be stuck bushings- how many miles? does it steer good? Was it sitting?
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Good call, thanks.

The bus has 140k. It steers fine and I do not believe it was sitting long. When I picked up the bus it had a tilt to it. I am not certain of the sag as I have just now measured it, but it was present. It was more recently that I began getting a squeak at the front drivers side tire and a drift to the right when driving. Whatever it is, it is happening on the drivers side.

I am at a loss as to why the rear dually would sag if the front leaf spring is bad. The front tires are only an inch off and I am currently parked at a slight angle. It seems to me that the front would sag, not the rear. Would a rear shock cause this?

Chris
Old 10-27-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
Traveling

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris & G Travels View Post
Good call, thanks.

The bus has 140k. It steers fine and I do not believe it was sitting long. When I picked up the bus it had a tilt to it. I am not certain of the sag as I have just now measured it, but it was present. It was more recently that I began getting a squeak at the front drivers side tire and a drift to the right when driving. Whatever it is, it is happening on the drivers side.

I am at a loss as to why the rear dually would sag if the front leaf spring is bad. The front tires are only an inch off and I am currently parked at a slight angle. It seems to me that the front would sag, not the rear. Would a rear shock cause this?

Chris

Can you get it on flat ground and get some more pictures further out a bit- whole bus?

Broken leaf springs?? Check all good, crack may be small. Just guessing.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the responses. I will be able to get some photo's of the bus tomorrow. I am currently parked at a rest area with trucks on both sides. Thanks again!

Chris
Old 10-27-2017, 07:09 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
The rear probably hasn't "sagged".

If a front spring is broken, that front corner will sag. and the opposite rear corner will rise slightly. COuld that be the rear discrepancy you are seeing?

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote