Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Along with #7, #8, #9, & #10. The OP's login is "Momof5" ... anyone with kids knows that a mother of 5 is busy all the time.

Native is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 12:37 AM   #22

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: 350
Engine: Ford 460
Yes I have been keeping up with reading replies and did answer quite a few people at first. Honestly, I got sick and tired of all the naysayers and negativity. I thought folks on this site would be more like cheerleaders. Since we already bought the bus we kinda have to go forward with the plan. We”be been busy working on the bus. Overhead storage is down on both sides. Several fiberglass panels are down, hundreds (thousands?) of screws are out, ac cover is out, electric door opener is out. Bus is at the mechanic now to have engine assessed and for them to loosen the bolts on the seats. Found a sweet deal on solar panels and batteries, more power than I thought we could/would afford. So now he can have a mini split for heating and cooling. I am still deciding on keeping it running or not. Most will depend on what mechanic has to say. So. Can’t live in the dorm, he has a dog. Apartments rent for $700 per month or so, plus utilities. Our hope is to build out the bus for around $8000 and buy land for $5000. So cost of bus, conversion, and land should equal cost of rent. But at the end of two years, he still has a home to move with him to his first job, or to sell. And we still have the land which we can sell. But the best part about this so far is the time mother and son are spending together on this, strengthening our relationship and making memories. For that I would gladly pay double the cost of rent. I probably won’t follow this thread any more. I wasn’t getting any helpful information or advice, just a bunch of reasons not to do this.
Momof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:05 AM   #23
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: Freightliner FS65
Engine: Caterpillar 3126E Diesel
Rated Cap: 71 Passenger- 30,000 lbs.
Sorry to see you go. Good luck on your build.
Native is offline   Reply With Quote