Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
KTM Duke 200 as a Bus toad

So I am starting a new thread on the bike I did buy for my bus. It is a 2020 KTM Duke 200. It weighs in at about 330lbs with all the extras I tossed on. One of the first things I did was to remove the tail section and put in a Yoshimura tail tidy kit. This brings the license plate and indicators under the passenger seat. Most people do not bother to put back the rear reflectors but my luck if I got pulled over they would cite me on that. So its not the most attractive to have the rear reflectors but I am about practicality.
So my upgrades so far are a Garmin Motorcycle GPS, LED headlight, Radiator protector, tail bag, tail tidy kit and a frame mounted helmet lock.

I have been too busy with work to even enjoy the bike. One of my guys is out with Covid and a new hire that lasted two weeks quit to go work for an AC company as an apprentice.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5584.jpg   IMG_5607.jpg  

Old 01-16-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: 44' Newell Coach
Engine: 8v92T Detroit
Rated Cap: 2 adults and two pigeons
I've been so busy all week with work due to loss of employees from covid, no shows, etc. Today I woke up late, went out for breakfast with my wife since she wanted to take me out for my birthday. All through the day I really wanted to ride the bike but with all the neighbors out and about I didn't want to embarrass myself stalling or mis shifting the bike. Well, tonight after dinner I said F-it and jumped on it. Of course I stalled it one time in the driveway but once underway, I was shifting it like a pro. Being used to having two hand brakes, the right foot brake for the rear at first felt foreign but became very intuitive as did the gear selection. I haven't been on two wheels in over 6 years. Felt great and a new experience at the same time. Up and downshifting were seamless and uneventful.
The only negative I felt was that it seemed the gear spacing was close. Perhaps once I get it on the freeway that may prove to be nil. The power delivery was quite linear and very surprising for it being only a 200cc. Still had a decent torque curve but again, the truth will be accelerating from the onramp to the highway. Either way, it is very promising and I am overall pleased with my new toy!

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 70's so I may take it out in the afternoon. I would like to pop some rivets in the bus.
Old 01-17-2021, 06:39 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Enjoy it man!
Reminds me of my old ninja 250!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote