Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2010, 04:49 PM   #1

Looking for info on 1970s Ford C class B600

Hi there,

I was hoping someone on here could help me out. It seems you guys know a thing or two about old buses ;)

I came across this forum while searching for data on the Ford B600 class c from 1970. Basically we are currently doing some computer graphics vfx work for a film that features one of these buses in an action sequence.

The problem is we need to digitally recreate and model the bus as accurately as we can and unfortunately no one took measurements or even particularly good photos of the thing before it was filmed. The action sequence ends with the bus plunging into a lake and we are unaware of where the bus was taken after that or if it even still exists, so the only info we have of the bus is what we see in the filmed plates.

Ideally a set of blueprints for this configuration of the bus would be fantastic, but even schematics of the chassis showing so sort of scale or even just some highres photos of the model from different angles would really help.
Basically anything at all that helps us get a better idea of real world dimensions and proportions would be useful.

I have attached two images of the bus from the front and rear that will hopefully help someone identify this particular model correctly.

The model and year information we have given above is from the registration document of the bus so I believe it is accurate but we have not yet been able to find much information online about this bus, we can't find pictures or anything much about this specific model it's a bit perplexing. There are lots of variations of ford buses out there for sure but this exact model seems to be really rare, or we don't know the right places to look.

So yeah if anyone on here recognises the bus and has anything at all in the form of pictures, measurements, schematics or blueprints showing the dimensions of the model they'd be willing to share that would be very valuable to us and save is a lot of extra work. The deadline is looming and haven't got much time to pull this one out of the bag.

Thank you very much for your help.

Cheers

Linus
Attached Thumbnails
Bus_Back.jpg   Bus_Front.jpg  

BusVFXGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26
Re: Looking for info on 1970s Ford C class B600

That looks like a Thomas. I know from my '88 that 9 windows (minus the driver's side slide window) equals 30' exactly. So, from there you should get an idea of the length. Odds are it's a 390 2 barrel gasser. I'm counting 7 windows (minus the same window), so I'm figuring around 26' to 27' long (guesstimate).

Much beyond that, I could take some pics of my B600 if that would help any......
Old 09-18-2010, 02:18 AM   #3

Re: Looking for info on 1970s Ford C class B600

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031
That looks like a '75 or '76 Thomas. I know from my '88 that 9 windows equals 30' exactly. So, from there you should get an idea of the length. Odds are it's a 390 2 barrel gasser. I'm counting 7 windows (minus the drivers side-slide window), so I'm figuring around 26' to 27' long (guesstimate).
This is exactly the kind of expertise we're looking for, thanks very much. That should give us a better idea of a starting point.

Cheers

Linus
BusVFXGuy is offline   Reply With Quote