Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: HPO
Engine: Cummins 220
Rated Cap: 1
Modifications to RV forums anyone?

Hey all
Has anyone run across a forum or message board out there similar to skoolie.net that specializes in......um......"custom" RVs? Like take an old Class A or C and cut it up into recreational vehicle custom heaven? Besides facebook? The problem with FB is the attenion span is measured in minutes so its hard to keep a thread alive for very long.
The other problem is RV specific forums I have found tend to keep their RVs STOCK STOCK STOCK and the mere mention of cutting on the bodywork sends them to their heart medication.

UFO pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1999
I looked before I signed up here from my Nautibus project, which is not a Skoolie, and have not really found much at all on this. You would think rvlife which owns this forum and a number of other ones would have one, but doityourselfrv isn't it.

There is active forums for the smaller campers people build, you know those rounded ones..gosh I'm too old my memory for vocabulary has gone to sheeet -- ok teardrop trailers, and can't remember the name, but teardrop might be in the name.

There is just not enough interest i think to support a forum. Most people just do youtubes these days. Because you realize all this sharing of knowledge on a forum just pays the owners of said forum, and given I have one and had others, don't give me bullsheet of how much it costs to run one, it doesn't cost sheeet.
BeNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 11:34 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
I have found some good information on overlander forums and YouTube videos. Lots of custom items being built. Not so much in the pimp my RV subject. The Airstream forums have some nice rebuilds and remodels.

Ted
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote