Originally Posted by WanderlustExistence
Top 5 to 10 tools/Supplies you must have when building a skoolie: GO!
Depends on what you plan on doing.
For my build. roof off front off and rear platform above engine
1. Brain (the noodle between your ears)
2. Angle grinder
3. Harbour freight or better electric sheet metal snips Item#68199
4. Drill motor that has high rip-ums (RPM's) at least 1000
5. 'Quality' drill bits nothing you will find in a big box store.
6. Good 16ish' tape measure or measuring tape.. don't buy a 25' you'll be carrying dead weight on your (see #8 )
7. Hand operated hole punch (quicker than drilling holes)
8. Tool belt whatever works for you. (looking around for tools you use every few min is a waste of time) learn how to reload your belt depending on the job at hand. Your tape, a sharpie and or scribe will always be present, no need for shark spray your not Batman..
9. Pneumatic rivet gun (new-matic) so people dont think your bus has pneumonia when you ask about the tool...
10. Patience, it's not going to happen as quick, as easy or as good as you think. Measure twice cut once, check check and recheck, I'm a self proclaimed professional with serious attention to detail issues and i never screw up errm well sometimes errr sometimes almost every day...