Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2021, 10:47 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International Genesis
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 84
Need a little help…

Hi All,

I am in the process of doing a roof raise on my bus and I have a sad situation. My good friend and neighbor was assisting me with the raise but sadly he passed away from a motorbike accident in July. Been helping his widow for the last month or so but now i’m getting back to the bus build.

The roof is raised about 16 inches and I have managed to get the rear corner sheet metal pieces installed. With advice from a YouTube poster, I cut a 4x10 18ga sheet in half and was able to get the next 5’ section installed on each side. It is definitely not a one person job.

What I’m hoping to find is a person(s) to help me with the rest of the sheet metal installation. I have all the tools and rivets and sheet metal here just need some help. I also have a place on the property where a person could park a bus or RV and I have electricity available. There is a state park about 5 miles down the road with water and dump stations available and I have a pass for it’s use.

I would pay the helper and also offer my services if ended. I am a cabinet/furniture builder with a complete shop so I would be willing to assist someone if they needed it.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you know of someone that might be willing to spend a little time in the Reno NV area, please let me know. If you need more info or pictures of the process so far, please let me know.

Thank you,

Mitch

Meandering Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote