Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2022, 03:20 PM   #1
Scared to Post

Need feedback on potential purchase

Can anyone with experience let me know if they think this is a good deal?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5-5da10614a399

Caitlynsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Looking at the interior, which seems nicely done, and what's been written by the seller...that seems like quite a good deal for $12k. The DT466 is a great engine and the mileage on that is pretty low. I don't think you could buy a bare bus and do all of that for less than their asking price.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 10:47 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466 / MD3060
I'm with Ross on the price. $12k seems like a good price for that size bus, all of the work that has been done, and those arm rests!

TLDR The price seems OK - but I would want more info and more pictures first. Can you see the bus in-person?

Things to consider:
If you're adding solar / electric, you'll have to figure out where / how to mount your lights, wires, and battery bank + charge compononents. And the added cost of electricity: our electric setup (batteries, solar panels, charge components, wires, etc) cost us $5k + easy.
I couldn't tell if they have electricity in the bus as-is, or if they're just hooking up to shore power / generator. Or maybe they have a propane fridge?

Second, adding water storage tanks could be a headache in a pre-built bus? Our fresh tank is under our bed, I cant imagine having to mount that thing in underneath the pre-built bed. You might have to hang your tanks from the undercarraige, which is possible, but will require different engeneering / plumbing than if you had a clean slate.
Again, hard to tell from the description - it looks like they are using water; bath and sink, but they mention you need to add holding tanks. Maybe they just took their old tanks out for their new bus?
A_Bus_Called_Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 07:06 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Cast-iron cookware hanging on hooks in a bus with a baby on board. You can only hope they put that stuff away securely when driving, but I'm 99% sure they don't.
Old 01-16-2022, 10:30 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466 / MD3060
Quote:
Originally Posted by musigenesis View Post
Cast-iron cookware hanging on hooks in a bus with a baby on board. You can only hope they put that stuff away securely when driving, but I'm 99% sure they don't.
Deca-Pot-ation?
A_Bus_Called_Quest is offline   Reply With Quote