Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
Almost There

NEED INFO: 1986 Chevrolet B6000

Looking at a 1986 Chevrolet B6000 series bus. Already converted for full time living.

Length: 11 window, plus driver window.
Style: dog nose
Engine: GAS, 6.0L 8 cylinder
Transmission: manual, that's all I know

What OWNER sent me: "1986 Chevrolet MD/HD Trk B60 B6P042 6.0L Carburetor 8cyl" and
VIN: 1gbk6p1b2gv105334

Not sure what all that means, or if he made mistake, or if it's accurate. English isn't his native language.

How do I look up specific specs for this bus? Where?

It's already converted for full time living, which is what I'll use it for.

Intentions/use: I'd like to OCCASIONALLY drive it up and down Santa Barbara, CA mountains to park it and then use motorcycle/car for shuttling. I'd like to tow a decent sized box trailer for extra storage/garage/motorcycles. I like that it's a manual for controlling steep/twisty mountain descents. And is simpler to repair if need be, less moving parts, and hopefully more reliable. I will occasionally travel with this rig, but will mostly park it and move around mountains every 2-12 weeks. Unless I find land to park it and leave it on.

Thoughts? Gas engine reliability or problems? Not suited for towing at all? Not sure of this model/year.

Kwest364 is offline   Reply With Quote