Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Needing some plexiglas or lexan or acrylic sheet

Rebuilding an old Dodge 1978, class C MH. Gonna cover over the roof vents. Need 3 pieces 18 x 18 inches, and one piece 24 x 18 inches. Home Depot is too much money. Send me a note. Frank
frank.id.crownatgmail.com

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:07 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Needing some plexiglas or lexan or acrylic sheet

frank-id, ha man don't do it, it well leak and your will always be on top of the bus..it gives to much with the movement...my brother don his and now he crying for doing it ,so we are going to install skylite next summer.hope they won't leak...so if it dos'nt have a hole in the roof don't put one there...

nice looking bus,i been wanting one of them for yrs.,,,she look like a pretty women..
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: Needing some plexiglas or lexan or acrylic sheet

We got those non powered Maxxair vents on top of the old Class C. One came with and I got the other one free. The freebie covers the original powered roof vent in the bathroom. The power motor pooped out as did the replacement. The original plastic vent lid was rotted by sun. I coated it with Snow roof along with lots of the re-enforcing tape (had excess) to hold the thing together. Let that dry and attached the Maxxair cover on top of it. In the winter we crank the thing almost closed and it lets the steam out. Protects against the winter winds unless it is being blown directly, at which point we crank the vent completely closed.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote