Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 02:06 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 FE
Engine: 190hp 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarweasel View Post
I was really starting to wonder if things were degenerating into PirateSkoolie4x4 territory
This made me chuckle. Thx

I too was starting to wonder where the modes were for a while.

People using indirect ways like pictures to pass insults to other members also needs to stop.

How about this, every time you want to act out of line on skoolie.net, you go spend a hour working on your bus. A bus time out so to speak.

Others that are done building their buses, can go spend a hour with their finished bus enjoying their hard work.

Nat

Patently waiting for the apocalypses to level the playing field in this physiological game of life commonly known as Civilization
nat_ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC/2000
Engine: Cummins 5.9TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36 View Post
And to the best of my knowlodge, no buses came equipt with guns-nor is it a requirement to install one. I'm sure there are other sites that would love to hear about your collection-or your right to bear arms.
Are you sure? I'm sure some of those prison busses came with gun racks from the factory. Or at least they should have.
austin1989us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:42 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_ster View Post
This made me chuckle. Thx

I too was starting to wonder where the modes were for a while.

People using indirect ways like pictures to pass insults to other members also needs to stop.

How about this, every time you want to act out of line on skoolie.net, you go spend a hour working on your bus. A bus time out so to speak.

Others that are done building their buses, can go spend a hour with their finished bus enjoying their hard work.

Nat
speaking of . Anyone have any good ideas about what to do with my stock sign? It'd be cool to have some kind of fancy sign in its place.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:54 AM   #24

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin1989us View Post
speaking of . Anyone have any good ideas about what to do with my stock sign? It'd be cool to have some kind of fancy sign in its place.

Cover it with a sign that reads "Miller Time" even thou I hate Miller.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:09 AM   #25
Bus Crazy

Year: 2003
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: International 3000RE
Engine: T444E/AT545
Rated Cap: 75
Quote:

Captain Obvious on deviantArt
Scooternj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #26
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooternj View Post
Or maybe this one?
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #27
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I AM a hippie, and I support this message!
For the record, and to show I read the fine print:

Yeah ... me too!
Tedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 05:00 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

i totes support this!
Schoolhouse mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 07:07 AM   #29
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
read and abide by the sites rules, they are posted to help everyone understand and enjoy using this wealth of knowledge known as Skoolie.net

In the realm that is our world or at least a perceived world; there seems to be a lot of hate, disrespect and general meanness that is messing with everyone's mojo

Just because it seems like the media has turned to applying race and hatred to everything, it will not be accepted on this site...period.

Do not talk derogatorily/mean/hurtful about any person, religion or values

On this site we are about BUSES; we are not about

1)what color you are
2)what race you
3)what your sexual or partnerships are
4)what religion you follow

None of that matters; do not come on here and personally attack any member about anything, unless it's bus related (I jest)

Hey Bansil you were stupid and dumb to buy that RE bus = bad and is bashing

Hey Bansil you would of been better off, buying a FE because.... =good criticism

Can you tell the difference?????

If not reread the rules and read this sticky here:

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/ple...nse-10896.html

IF you have nothing nice to say...don't say it, it will make your blood pressure lower and it will not offend fellow builders

Lately there has been alot of bashing of the Jewish faith around the world, people grow up and if you don't like what has been said find another forum to to beotch about it on, we will not accept it here

Same with Muslims; Muslims as a whole are good people, find somewhere else to complain

The whole Black on White or White on black, or brown on red...people leave it elsewhere and stick to Yellow chrome number 5 or whatever it is

The language also, this is a family site so the site has good filters in place for most words, and society has down played certain words, phrases and such to be common place...us old farts are still offended at some of them

Also there has been some concerns about using the search feature, yes it isn't the best feature, so use google to search with

AND PLEASE AT LEAST READ THE FIRST PAGE OR TWO BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION,

if really makes it hard to respond when there are 2 or 3 same topics at the same time

(disclaimer: I am not a hippy, and have no bad feelings toward any I know or will meet, smile people and enjoy life and family)
I may toss a one liner from time to time but its in good fun and though crude its usually (note the jokey screennames) not directed at any groups. I may need to post the Ken Hamblin show disclaimer from time to time. See the KSFO radio website to see Ken hamblin's disclaimer. I'm showing my age now. But please folks try to be nice.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
golfersmurf57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:52 AM   #30
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Engine: DT408
I was raised during the "time of the hippies". Never considered myself one but strangely, the older I get the more I feel like one (out of touch with the current culture). Maybe that's why my wife and I want to build a Skoolie!!😀😀😜
I am an sojourner in the earth; hide not Your Commandments from me. Psalm 119:19

Here is the patience of the saints; here are the ones keeping the commandments of YAHWEH, and the faith of Yahshua. Rev. 14:12
sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:30 PM   #31
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil View Post
read and abide by the sites rules, they are posted to help everyone understand and enjoy using this wealth of knowledge known as Skoolie.net

In the realm that is our world or at least a perceived world; there seems to be a lot of hate, disrespect and general meanness that is messing with everyone's mojo

Just because it seems like the media has turned to applying race and hatred to everything, it will not be accepted on this site...period.

Do not talk derogatorily/mean/hurtful about any person, religion or values

On this site we are about BUSES; we are not about

1)what color you are
2)what race you
3)what your sexual or partnerships are
4)what religion you follow

None of that matters; do not come on here and personally attack any member about anything, unless it's bus related (I jest)

Hey Bansil you were stupid and dumb to buy that RE bus = bad and is bashing

Hey Bansil you would of been better off, buying a FE because.... =good criticism

Can you tell the difference?????

If not reread the rules and read this sticky here:

http://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/ple...nse-10896.html

IF you have nothing nice to say...don't say it, it will make your blood pressure lower and it will not offend fellow builders

Lately there has been alot of bashing of the Jewish faith around the world, people grow up and if you don't like what has been said find another forum to to beotch about it on, we will not accept it here

Same with Muslims; Muslims as a whole are good people, find somewhere else to complain

The whole Black on White or White on black, or brown on red...people leave it elsewhere and stick to Yellow chrome number 5 or whatever it is

The language also, this is a family site so the site has good filters in place for most words, and society has down played certain words, phrases and such to be common place...us old farts are still offended at some of them

Also there has been some concerns about using the search feature, yes it isn't the best feature, so use google to search with

AND PLEASE AT LEAST READ THE FIRST PAGE OR TWO BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION,

if really makes it hard to respond when there are 2 or 3 same topics at the same time

(disclaimer: I am not a hippy, and have no bad feelings toward any I know or will meet, smile people and enjoy life and family)
I want to be a hippie, but can't afford the drugs and my cuffed bellbottoms got snagged by a gantry crane axle and broke my leg. And new opiate laws won't even get me decent painkillers![emoji20]
Old 08-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #32
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dond View Post
Bear arms??

Yeah man! Tell me where to get the roof mount for my .50 cal.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #33
Bus Nut

Quote:
Put the don't tread on me on it?
Old 08-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #34
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I often pull up beside people that I may have something to say, good or bad. I've thought of posting on the back of the sign my Cell number and "call me" under it.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #35
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
I often pull up beside people that I may have something to say, good or bad. I've thought of posting on the back of the sign my Cell number and "call me" under it.
It would be better if they required posting of cell numbers so we could call em and say" hey dumbazz get your slow azz outa the fast lane!"

Saw a sign on a highway info in Indiana " hang up and drive" wish I'd turned around and took a pic.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:00 PM   #36
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Maybe a digital display on the sign that I can change to say whatever I want at the time.
I had a guy call me in my truck with signage on it. He thought he was being smart when he said "I got your number now". I said thats right dumbass and you just gave me yours, was that wise?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #37
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1marc View Post
Maybe a digital display on the sign that I can change to say whatever I want at the time.
I had a guy call me in my truck with signage on it. He thought he was being smart when he said "I got your number now". I said thats right dumbass and you just gave me yours, was that wise?
That's what you use the top placard display for.[emoji14]
Old 08-14-2018, 10:51 PM   #38
Mini-Skoolie

Lets hear some stories about why you wanted to get a skoolie and why you did get 1

My name is Brad I'm new to the online forum sites but I thought I had a fairly interesting story and why I'm getting a skoolie just a few days I've always wanted to drive across Canada and I first got the idea of Camperizing a bus from my grandpa he went by hobo Dan and he would travel around in his Greyhound conversion singing bluegrass all over Canada so I have been looking around here and there just kind of browsing at buses interest would come and go could never really afford it eventually I met somebody and had a kid and then the second one came but he's rather complicated he had gastroschisis that turned into Vanishing gastroschisis and he only had 22 cm of small intestine and half a colon lift after repeated surgeries and infections and liver complications we were trained on how to use a G-tube and how to care for a G-tube site and we were trained on how to deal with IV dressings and Central lines more in particular pediatric Central lines so life is very stressful and he's not thriving so we're trying to go to sick kids Toronto and that's the best hospital in Canada for what he's got going on on the 23rd of last month we were supposed to be checked in there and the David Foster Foundation was supposed to be helping us with that but when they realized that we're trying to prevent a intestinal transplant they pulled the funding and Canadian health-care doesn't pay for you to go to a hospital on the other side of the country when there's two other hospitals Closer by you know being my kid I want to take him to the best that I can't it's not like taking your car to a mechanic the car breaks down you can walk home most of the time and then we get an eviction notice from my mom me and my wife fight sometimes and I have PTSD that has developed from watching my son almost repeatedly die in the hospital but I'm also a mechanic and I figured out that I could find a school bus for 2500 bucks how about the cost of flying there in the hotel and I have the skills and most of what I need to make sure I can keep his IV fluids cold for the trip from Vancouver Island and it was going to be our home for a short time while we were transitioning out of this toxic place but hopefully tomorrow the place that we're going to go view for rent which there's almost nothing for rent here we are very lucky to find it hopefully we get it
Brad199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 04:28 AM   #39
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad199 View Post
My name is Brad I'm new to the online forum sites but I thought I had a fairly interesting story and why I'm getting a skoolie just a few days I've always wanted to drive across Canada and I first got the idea of Camperizing a bus from my grandpa he went by hobo Dan and he would travel around in his Greyhound conversion singing bluegrass all over Canada so I have been looking around here and there just kind of browsing at buses interest would come and go could never really afford it eventually I met somebody and had a kid and then the second one came but he's rather complicated he had gastroschisis that turned into Vanishing gastroschisis and he only had 22 cm of small intestine and half a colon lift after repeated surgeries and infections and liver complications we were trained on how to use a G-tube and how to care for a G-tube site and we were trained on how to deal with IV dressings and Central lines more in particular pediatric Central lines so life is very stressful and he's not thriving so we're trying to go to sick kids Toronto and that's the best hospital in Canada for what he's got going on on the 23rd of last month we were supposed to be checked in there and the David Foster Foundation was supposed to be helping us with that but when they realized that we're trying to prevent a intestinal transplant they pulled the funding and Canadian health-care doesn't pay for you to go to a hospital on the other side of the country when there's two other hospitals Closer by you know being my kid I want to take him to the best that I can't it's not like taking your car to a mechanic the car breaks down you can walk home most of the time and then we get an eviction notice from my mom me and my wife fight sometimes and I have PTSD that has developed from watching my son almost repeatedly die in the hospital but I'm also a mechanic and I figured out that I could find a school bus for 2500 bucks how about the cost of flying there in the hotel and I have the skills and most of what I need to make sure I can keep his IV fluids cold for the trip from Vancouver Island and it was going to be our home for a short time while we were transitioning out of this toxic place but hopefully tomorrow the place that we're going to go view for rent which there's almost nothing for rent here we are very lucky to find it hopefully we get it
You should start a whole dedicated thread.
This one is about the forum members getting along instead of trolling and fighting.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 05:37 AM   #40
Bus Geek

Welcome Brad and thank you CB
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote