Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2007, 06:23 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: New guy here

I'm kinda guessing that that apartment complex ain't gonna be real big on a bus sitting in their parking lot.

Do what all the other rednecks in northwest alabama, make that all of alabama do. Buy an acre or three and slap a trailer down on it. Tie it down real good though for when the next twister rolls through.

Actually, a smarter alternative would be to get a bus conversion that is already livable rather than a trailer. Buses make more sense than trailers as the bus has a fighting chance of dodging tornados.

good luck.

pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

If you're wanting something that you can just move into, look into an older Class C camper. You can get one that runs, drives and everything works for two or three grand. It might have orange plaid upholstery, but you can live in it. I'd sure do it if I were single. That will at least get you out of the house. I think it would be an awesome way to live especially if you're single. If you still want to convert a bus, you could do that next. You don't want to be living in a regular bus until you can fix it up and that takes a lot of time.
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Older C or A classes are a good idea. They can be had for damn near free. Problem is finding a place to keep them. I guess you could try and find somebody that would let you park it and run an extension cord out to it for a few bucks a month. I guess another option is to go from walmart to walmart every coupla days!

Good luck. And I hear you about being landlocked. I lived in Nashville for 3 years. I actually liked it other than being an 8 hour drive to the beach. They do have a lot of nice lakes though.
pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

I know a guy who bought an older 28' Class A motorhome that runs and drives. He paid $2,500 for it in cash. It was built in the mid 80's, but everything works in it. He rents a trailer park space for $120 a month and that includes electricity and water hookups which are in each site. Not a bad deal at all. He is single of course. He also has the means to buy a nice house if he wanted. But now, he has pretty much his whole paycheck to do whatever it is he likes to do. I'd do it if I were you.
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote