Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Off Topic car question

The other day we found out that the car seat will not fit in our pickup truck. We now have less than 1 month to sell it and get a car. I don't want to spend a lot just somehthing safe and simple. Has anybody here had any good or bad experiences with a 1997-2000 saturn SL1/2? I am also thinking about the buick century, they seem to go cheap.

busone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:56 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I can't speak from experience, however, there was a woman that worked for me up here in Alaska that had a Saturn. She had problems with the doors freezing and sticking in the cold weather even though the other brands of vehicles didn't seem to have problems. Although that could have been due to other reasons that I am not aware of.

Also it did not seem to stand up to the abuse of the rough roads up here very well. The brake linkage going to the rear wheels broke and fell off while driving on a dirt road. Once again I do not know if she abused the car which may have led to the failure.

I am only repeating what she told be about the car while at work, so take it how you will.

Good luck!
My Bus Blog (hasn't been updated in a LONG time)
AK-Brando is offline   Reply With Quote