Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2021, 04:14 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Cheverolet
Chassis: 3500 Express
Engine: 6.0L V8 Gas
Parking a Bus in Arizona?

Does anybody peacefully park your bus in Arizona? I’m looking to get some agricultural zoned land and RV land in Yuma and Mojave county and wanted to know if they’re ok with my (future) bus being the RV.

buslivesmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:01 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Ah, I don't know about the mojave in arizona, but in california, they're super strict about motorhomes, at least on the books.

Like you can have it on the plot for a set number of days, and if you're not building a permanent house, it has to be gone. After building said house, you've got 7 days to make it dissapear.
Cheezewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 08:55 AM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
I have a cousin that lives in AZ and his input is it is a county regulated thing. Some counties are okay and others are not. NM works the same way. 911 addressing seems to be the biggest problem. To issue a 911 address either a permanent structure or a permit for one has to be issued. Some counties don’t even enforce their own rules. There some here on the forum that do live in their buses on land in AZ so maybe they will add input.
Old 05-28-2021, 09:15 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
Arizonan here. As s2mikon said, it varies from County to County. Somewhere, recently, I thought someone shared a guide to that which showed the laws in each AZ county...but I can't find that now.

Some places here in AZ have limits on how long you can camp or live in an RV, while some counties are the wild West still...and have no restrictions, or at least none being enforced. Generally, from what I remember, the more rural/ranch counties are the least restricted.

Even here in Coconino County, where I think the max limit for living in an RV on your own property <holds back rant...> is 100 days, it's pretty hard to enforce for a vehicle which is currently registered. Having an unregistered vehicle is a code violation, to keep junk from becoming an eyesore, but if the RV is registered then someone would have to prove you were living within it and not just parking it.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 09:50 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas Built
Chassis: Minotour
Engine: Chevy Express 3500 6.6l
Gubment overreach!!
I’m definitely going to have to look into future plans. Maybe the accessory building that houses the bus needs to be built first?
Danjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:23 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: "Atomic"
Engine: DD 8V71
We live in a bus, full time, even though we have a house on our property here in AZ (we rent the house on Airbnb). If anyone every said anything about it, we'd deal with it then.

Note to any Coconino County inspectors reading this...I was mistaken earlier, we actually live in Mohave County.
rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:31 PM   #7
Skoolie

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Cheverolet
Chassis: 3500 Express
Engine: 6.0L V8 Gas
Parking a Bus in Arizona?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
We live in a bus, full time, even though we have a house on our property here in AZ (we rent the house on Airbnb). If anyone every said anything about it, we'd deal with it then.

Note to any Coconino County inspectors reading this...I was mistaken earlier, we actually live in Mohave County.

Lolll. I’ve since found more info and MOST of the counties I’m interested in in AZ are RV friendly...Apache, Cochise, Pima, and Mohave definitely are. Some are more lax than others. As far as enforcement goes some of it depends on the zoning of your land. This is a good start.

https://www.myarizonaland.com/2020/0...live-in-my-rv/
buslivesmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:36 AM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
911 Addressing shouldnt be an issue.. I work daily with 911 PS-ALI systems and Dynamic Location Routing is available on pretty much all cell networks and I even offer it to customers on VoIP service.. I can change a PS-ALI 911 location in a matter of seconds
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:56 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Thomas 4 window w/lift
Chassis: G30~Chevy cutaway
Engine: 5.7/350 Chevy Vortec
Rated Cap: Just me and my "stuff"?
Strange how as a "nomad", one could potentially live care free year round in AZ by simply moving from one BLM location to another every so often.

While on the other hand, one gets penalized for owning property and living out of their RV year round on it.

No doubt it's all about the inability to collect their maximum of taxes from a travel trailer/RV dweller...
peteg59 is offline   Reply With Quote