Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: Poor old Al........

Run!!! He's a crazed sex poodle!

Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

i blame global warming
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:58 AM   #3

At least he's still the most popular vice president alive ... ;) But Al really had a hard time after he had quit as vice president. It also seems that the woman really wants into the media, seems like she's making things up so she can sell something to the press ...
pattay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattay
At least he's still the most popular vice president alive ... ;) But Al really had a hard time after he had quit as vice president. It also seems that the woman really wants into the media, seems like she's making things up so she can sell something to the press ...
Yeah, and we can't stop an oil leak but we can change the temperature for the entire planet
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

It happened in 2006, yet she waits this long to do anything. When it happened , she did not cooperate t=with the cops. This is not a child or even a young adult. It was a mature woman And as a professional masseuse, she should be accustomed to how to handle clients like that. A three hour "slap & tickle" massage session and she didn't walk out? Sorry, I don't buy it. And my cousin is a licensed masseuse/physical therapist. So I've heard a few of her stories. She says 1st time you politely say stop. 2nd time you pack up your stuff and walk... no matter how bad you need the $$. You can lose you license over the "touch & grab" crap if the customer isn't a real customer (undercover sting for prostitution). She knew some one that got caught like that... lost their license. So this woman's story sounds fishy at best. At worst, she is lying about what really happened and is doing every woman caught in similar (real) circumstances a disservice and casts doubt on legitimate sexual harassment accusations.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #6

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:

He didn't quit as VP.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
Quote:

He didn't quit as VP.
We, the voters, FIRED his stupid a$$.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1031
We, the voters, FIRED his stupid a$$.
Actually, the popular vote chose Big Al as our Fearless Leader. The Electoral College chose Junior as POTUS instead.

There is a move quietly afoot in half the states to enter into a 'Compact" that would legally bind a state's electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote. Can you imagine the outcry in the event the voters of State "X" ever soundly defeat candidate B, but then that State's electors unanimously vote for "B" anyway because the other states' voters picked "B"??? By the time that happens, it will be too late. The Kool-Ade will have been digested.

This Compact is a way to work around the Constitution in order to have the popular vote instead of electoral college pick the President. There is some public sentiment for this, as today many people think their vote doesn't count. Be careful what you ask for, your vote really won't count if national popular vote goes through. It would be equal to abolishing the Senate, and letting the House of Representatives being the sole lawmaking body.

I live in a State where the population in the 9 counties around Manhattan override the population in the other 54 counties. We have some "interesting'" laws as a result.

If popular vote chose the President, a candidate would only have to carry LA, NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, and a few other cities to win. You would never see candidates concentrating on getting votes in the Rockies, Appalachia, or the Great Plains. And could you imagine the recount nightmare in a close race? You would have to recount the whole country, not just one state like in 2000. It would be much easier for a big-city machine to steal a win by cheating.

The problem with the current system is the "winner take all" electoral vote rule in most states. Maine has it right, and I think that is what the forefathers had envisioned. Each Congressional district seat chooses its own winner, plus there are two statewide winners that represent the Senator's seats. Candidates couldn't just carry NYC or Chicago and get ALL the state's votes, the rural areas would get their own votes. There would be more diversity of policy entering into the discussion.

Of course, this will not happen. Centralizing the process with either "winner take all" electors or a national popular vote will continue to enable the bloc-meisters' magic spells and keep the "Ins" in power. The "Ins" are smart enough to not allow changes that are not in their own interest.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Al Gore should be in the cell next to Bernie Madoff.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
RB....but....but....where does the Black Panther voter intimidation at the polls fit in to that? I mean, the court allows it (since they refused to prosecute), so it must be something to be proud of.

Smitty
Simple - by concentrating the elections into the cities:
1. The intimidators don't have to travel far
2. They don't have to worry about dealing with farmers, rednecks, ranchers and veterans who might "intimidate" back.
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote