Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtram
Engine: Navstar 190
Rated Cap: 77
Question for full timers

So, here's the question. How do you get your mail? Or do you? Where do you put on your drivers license as home address? Relatives house? Wondering because for a time we'll need to get mail... another year and we won't need it.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Question for full timers

I haven't taken the step you're taking yet, but when I do, I plan to use that service in south dakota, and become a resident of south dakota.

The link is... http://mydakotaaddress.com/.

I believe that the escapees group also provides a similar service in TX. I'm sure there are others that I can't remember.

hope this helps,
jim
baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtram
Engine: Navstar 190
Rated Cap: 77

Thanks so much I knew it woudn't be hard to find out on here.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Go to RV.net and look around inside the "Full Timers" section, there is all kinds of info on this. While the info posted above is all good, there are more options too...

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:15 PM   #5
Skoolie

Well, we are full-timing on a temporary basis (I think anything over half a year should qualify). Still have a "back home", so that's the address we use. You can have your mail temporarily forwarded up to a year I think, and they seem to let you keep changing it as much as you want. It's free if you fill out the forms in the post office, but costs $1 to do online (some need to verify your id and billing address, though they could just do a temp charge that drops). It'll let you put in the next day, but it takes at least a week to get to the post office and properly forward. So, if you have a regular mailing address you can use, that'd be a cheap/free option. If you don't, or need a little more convenience, then I'd go with the options mentioned above (special mail forwarding service). RV.net definitely has a lot of good info on this and other general RV stuff.
josetann is offline   Reply With Quote