Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Quick vent into the void

Its really F*ing frustrating to get Amazon packages delivered when travelling fulltime and moving often.

I've had 3 orders either fail to deliver or get delayed long beyond the gauranteed delivery date, meaning the delivery location is long in the rearview by the time they arrive. Its even more frustrating in Canada where Amazon Hubs and Amazon Lockers are not a thing. There is General Delivery to the post offices, but the PO and the main shipping company up here dont seem to play nice together.

dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:16 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Please vent away! I feel your pain.
Where are you travelling?
I am in a rural mountain area and see many of the same problems, so many different drivers and all are subcontractors. The most recent one missed my driveway and tried to reverse in, missed it and went across the lawn. Then I'm not sure what happened, either he left in frustration or had a stroke because he peeled out fishtailing out of my gravel drive lost control and crashed into my ditch. Only damage was some landscaping but he left me some car parts. E-mail to company went unanswered. We just started getting lockers but the closest to me is over an hr round trip and the price of gas here in Canada is climbing just as fast as yours, thanks Jordan
Wow that feels good, thanks for letting me jump on your rant.
Cheers
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
Another supply chain problem, or just a result of moving often?
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 03:24 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazetsukai View Post
Another supply chain problem, or just a result of moving often?

A bit of both I think, I noticed Amazon Prime '2 day' shipping stretching a bit to 3+ before I was on the move, and stretching a bit more once I crossed into Canada.

The main problem currently is finding places I can actually receive packages on a one-off basis, and especially in a predictable time frame that works for me. So much gets delayed these days. Currently I'm sitting at a coffee shop across the street from my next delivery location (a post office) to try to catch the driver before they claim 'failed to deliver' again since they seem to not want to deliver to a post office (or maybe just cant find it).
Old 10-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 2005
Chassis: FS65
Engine: Mercedes 6.4L
Rated Cap: just the 2 of us
This won't help you...but...
If any forum member's travels take you through SE Ohio (US 70) and you want to have a package delivered...you can have it shipped to yourself C/O Barn Yard Campground...I won't charge anything, you won't even have to camp here. Just give me a heads up first.

(Just packages, no freight)
BarnYardCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 04:24 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Shops servicing hikers on long trails are used to this, just call ahead to confirm
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #7
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: 65
When we were traveling, we used to have our Amazon packages shipped to the nearest post office using General Delivery. We only did it a few times, but it never failed. The trick was to use the standard General Delivery address and also the words PO BOX. Using PO Box tricks the Amazon shipping system into sending it via USPS instead of UPS or Amazon delivery. I learned this via a Google search some time ago.
Our shipping address looked like this:
  • Name
  • GENERAL DELIVERY
  • PO BOX
  • MOAB, UT 84532-9999
Old 10-23-2021, 06:48 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Bru View Post
When we were traveling, we used to have our Amazon packages shipped to the nearest post office using General Delivery. We only did it a few times, but it never failed. The trick was to use the standard General Delivery address and also the words PO BOX. Using PO Box tricks the Amazon shipping system into sending it via USPS instead of UPS or Amazon delivery. I learned this via a Google search some time ago.
Our shipping address looked like this:
  • Name
  • GENERAL DELIVERY
  • PO BOX
  • MOAB, UT 84532-9999
This is good info (if it works reliably) I will try that next time!
Old 10-23-2021, 11:39 PM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: CS RE
Engine: ISC 8.3 L 260 hp
Rated Cap: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Please vent away! I feel your pain.
Where are you travelling?
I am in a rural mountain area and see many of the same problems, so many different drivers and all are subcontractors. The most recent one missed my driveway and tried to reverse in, missed it and went across the lawn. Then I'm not sure what happened, either he left in frustration or had a stroke because he peeled out fishtailing out of my gravel drive lost control and crashed into my ditch. Only damage was some landscaping but he left me some car parts. E-mail to company went unanswered. We just started getting lockers but the closest to me is over an hr round trip and the price of gas here in Canada is climbing just as fast as yours, thanks Jordan
Wow that feels good, thanks for letting me jump on your rant.
Cheers
Oscar1,

Was it kind of like this?

I was working on the bus in the shop and I heard a truck outside. It was UPS turning around. Then I looked over at the house and saw the FedEx van. I wondered what were the odds they would be there at the same time. Then I noticed FedEx was buried up to the axles in my front yard. It was early spring and I guess the driver couldn't tell the difference between my brown grass and the gravel. The sad thing is you can drive a semi with a 50ft van around my shop or turn around anywhere on the acres of gravel. But she had to use my lawn. I pulled her out with my front end loader and sent her on her way. The owner of the delivery contractor stopped out, apologized and offered to pay for the damage. Since he was a nice guy, I'm a landscaper and it wasn't to hard to fix I didn't charge him anything.

Ted
Attached Thumbnails
Resized_20210318_131104_5809.jpg   Resized_20210318_144959_485.jpg  
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Thats a good one Ted
Man those ruts look deep, nice looking soil though. Lol
She must have been driving with her eyes closed.
Cheers
Oscar1 is offline   Reply With Quote