Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #1

Question Realities of Skoolie Life for someone with health issues

Tell me, what are the realities of Skoolie Life for someone with health issues? Do you have problems refilling medications, doctor visits, medical insurance, or emergencies?
Did you wrestle with the desire to embrace the Skoolie Life or consider giving up because of an illness?
What obstacles did you face and successes have you had?
Would you like to see more people openly discussing these issues?

Anhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 04:42 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1963
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: HPO
Engine: Cummins 220
Rated Cap: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhal View Post
Tell me, what are the realities of Skoolie Life for someone with health issues? Do you have problems refilling medications, doctor visits, medical insurance, or emergencies?
Did you wrestle with the desire to embrace the Skoolie Life or consider giving up because of an illness?
What obstacles did you face and successes have you had?
Would you like to see more people openly discussing these issues?
Are you asking full timers only or anyone? All of us have limitations that tend to grow with age.

in my case my SO has severe health issues to the extent I don't like leaving our house longer than overnite. My plan was to mild build my shuttle bus into a weekender setup to tow my dune buggy out to the desert with offroading friends and do the sleeping bag and cooler in the bus, but enough build to be RV. Her (my SO) health has gone down in the last year to the point I will not be doing anything for the forseeable future.

On a side note, as this has entered my thoughts due to my life situation I touched on above, if you have a bus with a wheelchair lift that somone in your life might benefit from using I would consider keeping it. I am also thinking of how to add a power supply to run an oxygen generator and other devices that have become essential to us.

Medications, Dx visits, insurance, we are still living at home and things continue normally. I am on the final leg of my career so we will be staying in our current living situation for the next decade or so.

On the subject of emergencies, they are just that and not something anyone should be just waiting for instead of living their life....within reason.....boondocking in the hospital parking lot is not an option unless you are a doctor on TV.
Attached Thumbnails
normal_Trapper John MD Mother Dearest  (40).jpg  
UFO pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emergencies, health, medical, obstacles