Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2021, 03:53 PM   #1

Registering My Skoolie in Wisconsin

Hello. I have been on hear awhile and have found some great stuff. Thanks for the grate content! I live in Wisconsin and recently bought a bus in Missouri. It was never a yellow school bus so I don’t need to repaint it to convert it to an RV. I can go through the Wisconsin registration, but it requires more work than I want to do to get it legal to drive on the road. I found the post about registering a bus in Vermont and that looks to be the way I want to go. I had someone tell me that there may be an extra step buying a bus outside of Wisconsin and registering it in Vermont so I am posting this to see if this was true or not? I hope not. I would prefer just to title it in Vermont as we do not plan on staying in Wisconsin long term. I hope someone can clarify this for me. Thank You in advance.

Farmhills53565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 10:33 PM   #2

Hoping for an update on this. I'm in WI too and I'm looking to register first in VT and then use that to register in WI. Will WI physically inspect the bus/rv after VT registered it as an RV?
wiscotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote