Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 11:42 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: MBE926210
Rated Cap: 31
Removed Wheelchair Lift, engine turns over, but gas pedal doesn't work anymore

So I recently removed the wheelchair lift from my 2009 Thomas HDX. After doing so, the next day when I went to move my bus, the engine turned over, and a loud buzzing noise came on. I assumed something regarding the ignition interlock was affected, but the engine still turned over and ran. Problem is, the buzzing won't go away and the gas pedal doesn't work. (I can compress it completely with no give or any sound of the engine revving). Everything else is fine, I unhooked the little switch that is pressed when the door completely closed just to stop the noise for now, but I need to know is this the interlock issue or is the gas pedal not working something else? How do I fix it either way? Any info would greatly help; Google doesn't seem to find solutions for my specific bus. Had no prior issues moving the bus or with the gas pedal or anything before this step.

Choc Lesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:03 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3126
How many wires went into the lift? I've usually only seen one control wire to turn the lift on and the battery cable.

Did disconnecting the door switch fix the throttle?

Did you remove any other wires in this process?
Truthseeker4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:42 AM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choc Lesnar View Post
So I recently removed the wheelchair lift from my 2009 Thomas HDX. After doing so, the next day when I went to move my bus, the engine turned over, and a loud buzzing noise came on. I assumed something regarding the ignition interlock was affected, but the engine still turned over and ran. Problem is, the buzzing won't go away and the gas pedal doesn't work. (I can compress it completely with no give or any sound of the engine revving). Everything else is fine, I unhooked the little switch that is pressed when the door completely closed just to stop the noise for now, but I need to know is this the interlock issue or is the gas pedal not working something else? How do I fix it either way? Any info would greatly help; Google doesn't seem to find solutions for my specific bus. Had no prior issues moving the bus or with the gas pedal or anything before this step.
Its likely due to the multiplexed wiring on your bus. A couple members here may know about those- maybe they'll chime in.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:56 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Engine: MBE926210
Rated Cap: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthseeker4449 View Post
How many wires went into the lift? I've usually only seen one control wire to turn the lift on and the battery cable.

Did disconnecting the door switch fix the throttle?

Did you remove any other wires in this process?
I didn't remove any wires. There is one little wire at the bottom of the bus near the door that connected to the lift but it looks like a specific type of connection on the end of it, I will post pics of it here today
Choc Lesnar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas pedal, ignition, ignition interlock, ignition switch