Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Well...

I guess the answer would be a resounding...no!

Really, how would you? You'd need a business license and some awfully good (read...expensive) insurance to do that. And then, would you really want someone else to drive it away?

With the mood of the country with regard to lawsuits these days there is no way on earth I'd let someone take my bus for any amount of money unless I was in the business to do so (then that's a different set of questions). What if the brakes fail; are you willing to face the lawsuit? What if they hit something (it's a really large, strong vehicle) but don't stop and then bring the bus back to you without saying anything? Are you ready for that? Really, I don't mean to be negative but unless you want to make a business of it I would run, not walk, away from a rental situation.

Just my opinion of course...others may disagree...my comments aren't meant to be contentious.

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
Bus Geek

this question needs clarification....

does he mean rent your bus to someone else for the weekend? or rent the bus out to some partiers and as the owner and drive them around town?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m
this question needs clarification....

does he mean rent your bus to someone else for the weekend? or rent the bus out to some partiers and as the owner and drive them around town?
Good point...obviously I jumped to the first conclusion.

Skoolie.net Gallery
Illusion's SmugMug site
Les Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
Almost There

I personally feel that you have more to lose than you have to gain. One poor driving incident and you lose a clutch, a fender or a life.....and unless you have a VERY good relationship with the renter it can all come back to you.