Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 AM   #1
Bus Nut

Return to Idaho from parts quest

My trip was fun but got very cold. My old Crown is not insulated and the propane furnace made heat but consumtion was very high and the heat was not good for long. My bed heat pad was a great item to have. The temps were historically very cold. I got so many parts, it was necessary to buy a trailer. The trailer was not large enough to carry all the parts. The big single item was the Cummins 300HP engine with turbo and inter cooler with Jake brakes. Yep, I gotta go back and get a few more items. Next trip I'll drag my car trailer to the parts. The buses are at 29 Palms in southern Ca. That place is the desert home of the US Marines. Diesel fuel was between $2.90 and 3.45 per gallon. Most fuel stops stop the pumps at $100 or 30 gallons. Many fuel stops have had lots of no pay, no class drive away people. The hiways were very good and lots of folks wanted to talk about an old Crown bus. Frank

frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote