Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-08-2023, 08:30 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Blue-Bird All American RE
Chassis: F204270
Engine: Cummins 8.3 ISC
Self employeed working from the Road... Accounting software?

Intuit has become far to greedy.
Desktop is 600+ a year.

MY bookkeeper Died two weeks ago from Cancer. She was using QuickBooks 2012 because her and her accountant didnít want to pay more. AS I have heard from many accountants. So they just didnít purchase any new versions.

I need to get to my data. Intuit just said they are not sure they can import 2012 Data into the new versions for 600+ dollars.

Head exploding*********

What are you all running for accounting software? To run your freelance world from?
Apparently, Intuit wants a separate fee for each business entity for Online. If you read the fine print. They absolve themselves from any and all responsibility for your data. So if it simply disappears from their servers. You have no recourse. Online may be the trend, but it is damn risky.

Suggestions please.

thanks

jfmusic@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:50 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT466e 215hp Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 77
For simplicity's sake I use hardware, a statement pad that makes carbon copies and an expandable file folder for all the other bits of paper. My accountant does the rest at a very reasonable rate. Sorry if that can't work for you!
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 10:51 PM   #3
Bus Nut

May I ask where your accountant is located?
Old 12-08-2023, 11:14 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: DT466e 215hp Allison 2500
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmusic@me.com View Post
May I ask where your accountant is located?

Found him way back when we used the yeller pages. He's a lawyer slash tax account doing business in Minnesota. I suggest using someone local!
Timeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2023, 11:30 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Finding legit and not greedy is a life long challenge.
Old 12-09-2023, 12:43 AM   #6
Bus Crazy

Coachwork: Integrated Coach Corp.
Chassis: RE-300 42ft
Engine: 466ci
Rated Cap: 90
If There is No Struggle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfmusic@me.com View Post
Finding legit and not greedy is a life long challenge.

"Let me give you a word of the philosophy of reform. The whole history of the progress of human liberty shows that all concessions yet made to her august claims have been born of earnest struggle. The conflict has been exciting, agitating, all-absorbing, and for the time being, putting all other tumults to silence. It must do this or it does nothing. If there is no struggle there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom and yet deprecate agitation are men who want crops without plowing up the ground; they want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

This struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, and it may be both moral and physical, but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will. Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

- Frederick Douglass, 1857
DeMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 07:43 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
wierd.. we imported are QB data to the cloud from our old versions.. I wasnt involved in thye migration but i know most of it got moved over.. we went to the cloud so our accountant, my business partner, and I can all look at the books whenever we want.. keeps transparancy in our operation..

ultimately Intuiot those is definitely trying to push ev eryone to their cloud vs perpetual versions.. for some thats an issue as they dont like cloud stuff.. but seeing as how I build cloud systems and make a damn good living at it im not so worried.
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 07:52 AM   #8

Year: 2007
Coachwork: IC
Chassis: RE300 FLAT NOSE
Engine: 2006 DT466 HT, 260 HP
Rated Cap: 81
jfmusic@me.com If your situation is not too complicated I would just use Excel to track everything. Create tabs to keep track of each of your expense accounts and use the cross link feature in Excel to populate a main spreadsheet representing your income statement. I am a bookkeeper and for single self employed people I use Excel as the data can be easily manipulated.
More2See is offline   Reply With Quote