Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Cavalier
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 4Cyl
Rated Cap: 5
Self Introduction

Hello, my name is Clarence Miller, my friends call me Raditude, or something with the word "Rad" in it. I'm almost 22 and I live in Shelbyville, IN. I've kind of become a Hippie in the last few years, and currently live in a 2002 GMC Safari Van. It's kind of small, but serves the purpose of giving me a place to sleep at night. I have wanted to upgrade to a school bus for a few years, but haven't found the funds in which to do it.

Recently, I've gotten back into the church, and feel I'm being called to do mission work. I'm working on a plan to get and maintain funding for the mission, so I can obtain and convert a bus for living and traveling, and also have money to buy clothes, food and Bibles for the ones in need.

I have been around buses most of my life, as my mom was a bus driver for my school. I spent time at the bus garage watching them do maintenance, and would play in some of the buses that were parked.

I have done work in Graphic Arts for the last 4 years, so you'll probably see many Photoshopped pictures on here, of ideas for buses.

I joined the board to find ideas, and tutorials for converting a bus, along with info on where I can obtain a decent bus. I am highly impressed with many of the buses I've seen on here, and hope to add my bus to your collection.

Peace Be With All Of You
-Rad

Raditude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:18 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Self Introduction

Welcome to the forum!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks. I'll be viewing your site linked in your sig.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

smitty thats a great bus for a grand does that bus have YOUR NAME on it? looks like it folds around corners in the 1 pic
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:09 PM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuk
smitty thats a great bus for a grand does that bus have YOUR NAME on it? looks like it folds around corners in the 1 pic
lol.....It could be $200 & would be outta my range right now. When I say I'm stuck playing the "waiting game"....I'm serious. I actually avoid looking at buses for sale right now, I don't want to know what I'm missing

Smitty

Hey Smitty,

Used busses are like women, there's always another one around the corner......waiting to take your $$$.
Or something like that. OK, OK, I'm just kidding. When you're ready, the right bus will be waiting for you.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 12:35 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Raditude WELCOME to the best SKOOLIE site on the WWW. Wish you all the best with your future plans, you could haul a few thousand Bibles around with a 40 ft Bus. Why not write scriptures on the outside of the bus then people have something to read while stuck in a traffic jam.
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Hey Rad! I'm just a few miles north of ya in Anderson. Here's a bus on Craigslist for $1000:

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/792569266.html

Smitty
Thanks, I'll take a look at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinada
Raditude WELCOME to the best SKOOLIE site on the WWW. Wish you all the best with your future plans, you could haul a few thousand Bibles around with a 40 ft Bus. Why not write scriptures on the outside of the bus then people have something to read while stuck in a traffic jam.
Great idea.

Thank ya's both.
Old 10-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Mini-Skoolie

Update

Hey all,

I'm back and have done quite a bit in the last few years. I got a place to rent, and sold my van, opting for a car with better gas mileage. I am currently in college at Ivy Tech, but will be starting online classes in Film with Full Sail University in January, then transferring down to the Florida campus for my final classes.

I still attend church, and young adult fellowship, but I'm not feeling as called to the ministry right now. That may change again as I get my education under wraps.

I got to thinking about a school bus again, when I realized I will have to relocate for my college education. I've crunched some numbers, and realized it would cost the same in living expenses for me to purchase a bus, and remodel it, as it would to rent an apartment down there. I'm trying to put together exact costs for living expenses, so I know how much in loans I will need to take out. Then in my spare time from studies, I will work on converting the bus for living. It won't be pretty or luxurious at first, just livable and drivable, with the bare minimum to survive.

Peace out,
Raditude