Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Skoolie

Shut in the door

So today I was out waiting for the kid to get dropped off the bus, and when he stopped all the kids started to get off and mine was the last to get off. As he was getting off, the bus driver shut him in the door and was releasing the air brakes! errrrr I guess I wouldn't be so mad if he was either all the way in or all the way out of the bus but no, his legs were out and his top half was inside. he is alright just a few bruises and a bump on the forehead. The bus driver was lucky that there were still kids on the bus because he wouldn't be driving that bus anywhere else, because he would have been riding in the back of an ambulance after I got through with him. We called the transportation department and complained and they said they take these things seriously will take care of it.

Chris

thesaltydog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
Skoolie

Re: Shut in the door

Thanks Smitty,
No about time I got out to the bus he was zooming off down the road. He plan ol wasn't paying attention to the kids getting off the bus. More in a hurry to finish his route and probably go back to the bar. Complaints were filed at the transportation office and with the superintendent. And I understand accidents happen but when you close a kid in the door and get ready to drive off is another. He even had the red lights off already. Thats not an accident thats incompetence!

I'm not sure how much force is behind those air pressure operated doors. The bus was a Thomas Dognose International chassis I think. probably a mid to late 90's bus. with two separate doors that closed and meet in the middle. It was strong enough to knock him off his feet and leave a big red bump on his forehead and bruises on his arms. He is in first grade and only 7 and small for his age too.
I have to admit he isn't my boy. He is my fiance's son from a previous marriage but I love him just as much as if he was my own. And I consider him my own. He needs a good father role model and he obviously isn't getting it from his father who spends more time jumping from job to job to avoid paying child support and time behind bars for various illegal activities. Then when he does talk to his son on the phone he spends more time yelling at him and putting him in tears then actually having a quality conversation.

Sorry, I got a little out of control there but I needed to vent.
Chris
Old 03-14-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Skoolie

Re: Shut in the door

I cant remember how much of a rubber seal it had but it did have one. The doors didn't close all the way because his legs were sticking out the bottom. What I am curious is to know if there is some type of failsafe on those doors. kinda like newer garage doors that stop and open back up if something blocks it from closing all the way. I would think that there would be some type of safety feature like that in those air powered doors. If not they need to have them.

Chris