Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Skoolie on Travel Channel Show Sunday Night!!

Did anyone else see the RV show on the Travel Channel Sunday night? It was about "extreme" RV's and one of the builds they followed was a skoolie. Total build cost was around $30,000 for a well done conversion, with all this being materials since the owner did all the work. Real nice, quality build and shows what a realistic cost is if you want a fully liveable conversion that is done correctly. I think he's on this site.....black with flames, I think they live in Cali. Nice conversion! Catch the show if you can.

dgorila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:23 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: Skoolie on Travel Channel Show Sunday Night!!

I saw that show. However, I don't think one needs 30K for a conversion. You can get a nice converted coach bus for that now - with an excellent engine and trans... and not have to do any conversion work.
The extreme rv show is fun to watch.