Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom Schoolbus
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA
Rated Cap: 84
Skoolie resource website

Hey everyone—I've started work on a skoolie resource website - www.buslandia.net

This won't be a blog about my bus, nor is it an attempt to recreate a community of skoolie owners (like this forum or the various FB groups like this one, which are all amazing). Instead, I'm hoping it's a one-stop-shop to get the basic questions answered that seem to get asked every month or two on forums and on this site.

So instead of starting the same conversations all over again each month, people can be linked to the relevant articles, and hopefully get a few questions answered that they weren't even asking!

If you've got some time, look it over for me (I've only got 6 articles so far, so TONS of work still to go). Let me now if I've got stuff in there that's inaccurate, or missing, etc. I realize there's not 100% consensus on most advice given, so I tried to go with the advice I heard the most often, but I'm open to changing anything on the site, so criticize away!

Also, if you've got a good write up of some aspect of the process, that includes a few pictures (or not) and would like to have it on the site, send it my way. I'll probably adapt/simplify it, and maybe add some diagrams if necessary, and happily give you credit and link to your blog (if you have one).

I'm hoping to add some more stickers/items for sale as we go along, to help cover the cost of this site. If I ever do more than just break even on it, I'll put that towards my bus build, which is just beginning (although I don't think there's really much money in stickers and other small items).

sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:16 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1993
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: GMC
Rated Cap: 42
I think it is a great idea. There are so many questions that have been asked so many times. I think it would be a great resource to give people a link to your site as an answer to the common questions like removing seats or prepping for paint or how to remove heaters.
JA Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:43 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Gillig
Chassis: Phantom Schoolbus
Engine: Detroit Diesel 6v92TA
Rated Cap: 84
I just have to actually take the time to write those articles! Got about a dozen or so to write to just cover the basics!
sammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:59 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Chassis: GMC or Chevrolet, I hope
Engine: gasser probably
Looking forward to reading

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Chassis: 2002 Thomas MVP FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins, 24 valve, AT545
Rated Cap: 78