Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 03:46 AM   #1

Specialty Vehicle Manufacturing Inc transit coach???

Is anyone familiar with coaches built by the Specialty Vehicle Manufacturing Corp (SVMC) formerly of Santa Fe Springs, CA? I've never heard of them but this is probably now Specialty Vehicle Inc of Downey, CA. http://www.specialtyvehicles.com/ There is a local church selling a 1986 thirty passenger 26-foot flat nose SVMC transit-style bus. I don't have a picture but it looks a lot like this Goshen Sentry http://www.nationsbus.com/uploadphoto/816/4530.jpg. Powered with the Isuzu 5.8L turbo diesel, Allison 4-speed auto, dual rear wheels on what appears to be a commercial truck chassis. Fiberglass front and rear body clips, fiberglass roof, galvanized steel sides, plywood floor. Front and rear Duotherms. 22,000 lb. GVW. 85,000 miles with 2500 hours showing on the Hobbs. I test drove it and it ran great. Pretty neat rig for $2500, except some of the wood floor needs replacement and there's no documentation. Comments?

booksandparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: Specialty Vehicle Manufacturing Inc transit coach???

It looks like they're build on Isuzu NPR stripped chassis. IMHO it's a damn great platform for a bus/RV, I bet the fuel economy is great on these bus. ,

If I had the money to do it, I'd love to build a pickup truck with one of those 4x4 crew-cab Isuzu NPR
Andreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #3

Re: Specialty Vehicle Manufacturing Inc transit coach???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreb

It looks like they're build on Isuzu NPR stripped chassis. IMHO it's a damn great platform for a bus/RV, I bet the fuel economy is great on these bus. ,

If I had the money to do it, I'd love to build a pickup truck with one of those 4x4 crew-cab Isuzu NPR
I agree.
Looks like they're made by Isuzu.
But I wonder how much it is.