Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
Stolen tools at a salvage yard

I think I have a generally good outlook on life. Normally a glass half full kind of guy. But it is getting more difficult to think positively about humanity.

I was at a pick a part yesterday which is a self serve salvage yard. While removing some speakers from a vehicle somone swiped my tools which were located in a wheelbarrow 3 feet away. I had my head down wrastling with somthing for a couple minutes and when I looked up all my tools were gone. All my hand tools, socket sets, pliers and so, so much more.

I was in shock. I jumped onto the roof of the vehicle to see if I could see the SOB who had stolen my stuff, but no luck.

Long story short, the police said that they would look at the tapes of the video from the yard but not to get my hopes up.

I added up what was taken and it's over $1000.00 in tools. Some of which were given to me by my father when I was young.

So the moral of the story is don't turn your back for a second because people suck!!!

Now I get to spend the money I was given to go heli boarding (life long dream) and replace my tools so I can finish my bus and move.

Later. -Richard

captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Almost There

Send a message via Yahoo to TravelingMan
sorry to hear about the tools, prity brave taking them with you right there. Ther are alot of unsrupulous people. Had the same thing happen to me while camping, took my dads tackle box,propane lantern, cooler and the air matress out of my tent while Iwas off fishing. and a few months ago someone tried to rob me of my wallet.
Old 04-08-2005, 07:34 PM   #3
Bus Nut

That really sucks. I hate to take tools to the bone yard because of **** like that. My wife will not even go with my anymore because of all the idiots that wink at her. If I turn my head one second they start up. Hopefully the security tapes will show the SOB.
busone is offline   Reply With Quote