Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2017, 07:25 AM   #21
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Blue Bird TC RE 3904, Flat Nose, 40', 277" wh base
Engine: 8.3L Cummins ISC 260hp, MT643, 4.44 rear
Rated Cap: 84 pax or 1 RV; 33,000lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
Was that question for me, Bob? I have 3 houses but I'm not living in any of them. My "official" paperwork address is Burtonsville MD and I'm living in a free apt in west Annapolis. 2 houses in NH; 1 retirement, one rental.

Whiteford, MD (not to worry; they've never heard of me either) Googles out as 80 minutes from B'ville and 90 from Naptown. My Eastern Shore bud thinks he can hook me up with a farmer friend of his for like $50 in Denton - 45 mins from Annapolis.

Or were you talking to someone else?
Yeah, Whiteford is in the boonies. Only reason I know it exists is that I drive thru it going to the gf's.

Beside a farmer's barn (with electric) would be totally awesome opossum. Only thing better would be inside your own barn. But like you, I ain't got one. There's electric at the RV lot on base that I'm not supposed to use but everyone does and they look the other way. It's convenient and inconvenient at the same time. Electric is 50 feet away. The extension cord I'm using has seen better days and with the compressor constantly running, that cord got HOT!! yesterday. The inconvenient part is work is 25 miles from home and 60 miles from the gf's. When I spend the weekend up there at the gf's (which is most weekends), I don't get to do any bus work. Haven't done any weekend work on the bus in probably 2 months. Maybe 2 1/2 or 3. Even with the weekends we've been at my house. So the only work is a couple of hours a night, 2 or 3 days a week. If it's raining like hell or 157° in the shade ... With prep and cleanup, 2 hours goes fast even if the "prep" is running the extension cord, filling the compressor, or firing up an angle grinder.

Actually, I was asking lucasd (the OP) what he was looking for. He posted at the beginning of Feb. He should have found something by now. Which also brings us back to you... get off your a$$ and buy a bus already!!

Brewerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:30 PM   #22
Skoolie

Yeah, I actually wound up getting a place that should work to park at my house. I might have issues getting a full length bus in and out during some hours given the number of people who park on the street in this area, but at least I have space to work. Moving drained my finances more than I expected, though, so now I have space but still no bus. [emoji14]

Sent from my Ascend Mate 2 using Tapatalk
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote