Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Streets & Trips 2010 POI Megafile Video Tutorial (funny)

I found this very funny to listen to.

[flash=480,360:352h1p5l]http://www.youtube.com/v/efvk2QvlVhc?version=3&hl=en_US[/flash:352h1p5l]

BTW, POI Mega file is here.
I have S&T 2010 licensed and registered to me. It seems to update just fine. I can't say where I got it from. But this is the third S&T I've had. I had previously bought two new programs and couldn't get the hang of them (tossed them in the garbage and squished them with the trash compactor). So I'm trying again with POI's. I can lay out a trip faster using a paper map but this gives me all sorts of public campground listings and parking lots along the way to use. I also can't get the hand of the "speed" thingy. Why did they have to set it up with Slower - Faster? How about using MPH? Maybe I can learn it this time around, now that I don't have the kids and the furkids bugging me about what I am doing.

Thanks timmylc for the How to post a YouTube Video.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: Streets & Trips 2010 POI Megafile Video Tutorial (funny)

I was s expecting to see flying cars....all I could think about was the jetsons
How does this software actually work?meaning is it up to date and acurrate for 4 lanes?
I am pondering several nav systems,such as nat geo topos and such,I want topo and street to street to use,to suppliment paper maps.
Do you use a gps puck for realtime position?or just go by road signs and the directions.
I have drivin all over this country coast to coast on paper maps...the convinence of gps is nice.
We still keep a compass protractor and topo maps with us at all times...learned a lot while navigating in the military
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote