Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2019, 06:00 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Engine: Cummins ISC 260HP/660Q/MD3060 6spd
Rated Cap: 81
Tachometer Help and Dash removal/clean help

Hi folks,

I've got 2 things I hope somebody out there can help with. First is the tachometer on my bus is a little wacky. It usually sits around the 1100 rpm mark or so when the engine is off except there was a few days where I noticed it was sitting at around 6000 rpm. When I drive the bus it seems to usually operate fine (I can't be sure it's accurate though) but there was a few instances where I know it was showing higher than the actual rpm's. Any idea what this could be?
(picture attached with engine off)

The second picture is my dash coming apart so I can clean in there a look at heater connections that I don't think are working quite right. This black piece below the window has all the screws out but it won't pull out, it's attached to something underneath but I don't want to yank it and break something. No screws underneath. It's a 2001 Thomas MVP rear engine if anyone happens to have experience with this.

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1567.jpg   IMG_1868.jpg  

Bon Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Electric speedos bounce once the juice stops and rest whereever they want. Yours is no different. Can't explain your difference while driving, need more details.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote