Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Re: The Energizer bus

I found the answers to some of your questions HERE.

I'm with ya on the transmission - they probably had to list 'manual' or 'automatic' to fit the auction ad template, that's all.

Rear-engine TC2000s and All Americans do exist, although they're not as common as forward control models.

zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
Bus Nut

sounds like another episode of my tax dollars hard at work.
kinda like on the news last night, $12000 for a wind generator that will produce $200 worth of electricity per year, ya that's a real winner, I'll only be 657 years old when it pays for itself and that's only if the interest on the money and the cost of energy cancel each other.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Don't know where you got that figure (90,000btu), but you're close to triple on what you'll need........
Smitty, I believe he just read it off the label in this picture: , which was one of the pictures in the link he posted.

Still, 90,000 BTU seems excessive. Especially for an all electric bus.

Based on the unladen weight, I have to think that thing has some amazing batteries in it... probably all in need of replacement.

Might bring someone a pretty penny in scrap prices though... lol

Beautiful bus, cool concept. It jostles the mind to see a bus without an engine location. I wish they had included some driveline photos. Is it an electric motor per wheel? One big motor with a driveshaft? How many batteries does it hold? Man, I'd love to crawl over that bus and check it out.

jim
baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote