Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2022, 09:25 AM   #1

Year: 2007
Thomas safe-t-liner alarm help

Hello! I turned on the bus today, opened the stop signs, closed them, and now every time I try to turn off the bus the alarm keeps blaring. Any ideas??

So far I've disconnected the camera (weeks ago) but all the other electrical systems are intact. Never had this problem before. All the doors are closed and everything.

Thanks!

Edit: the brake error light is on, that's new too.

Mobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2006
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP-EF
Engine: Cat C7 + Allison 3000PTS
Sounds like a student check alarm. I don't have one but I've heard many buses have a "hidden" button near the rear door that you have to go press, which was designed to ensure the driver walks through the bus to check for hidden kids at the end of a route. Usually it's triggered by operating the warning lights; once you've done that it arms the system to remind you when you shut off the bus at the end of a route.
dbsoundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:42 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsoundman View Post
Sounds like a student check alarm. I don't have one but I've heard many buses have a "hidden" button near the rear door that you have to go press, which was designed to ensure the driver walks through the bus to check for hidden kids at the end of a route. Usually it's triggered by operating the warning lights; once you've done that it arms the system to remind you when you shut off the bus at the end of a route.

Yup, ripped mine right out along with the camera, the "DVD", the door and window alarms, the computer modules stuffed into the electrical panel to run them, and HUNDREDS of feet of wound up cables that the installers were too lazy to shorten.
There's a whole bunch more room in my electrical panel now......and I'm not even close to done yanking wires out of that bugger.
We've done so much, for so long, with so little, we now do the impossible, overnight, with nothing. US Marines -- 6531, 3521. . . .Ret ASE brakes & elect. Ret (auto and aviation mech). Extra Class HAM, NAUI/PADI OpenWater diver
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 10:55 AM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas FS-65
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Mercedes MB900, Allison 2000
Rated Cap: 65
Before doing anything to your Thomas School Bus, go through these slides.

https://slideplayer.com/slide/6051140/
Murphy's Law is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm