Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Tiny Houses Petition

Please read then go to the gov website, register and when you get your rely, please sign this petition. And spread it around.
Tiny houses: Zoning Codes Petition

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American
Engine: 3208 na boat anchor
Rated Cap: 2
Re: Tiny Houses Petition

The link says in most places you can't build a house less than 1000 sq ft. From my figures, that's a 24' x 42' single story footprint. Unbelievable. I guess that's why retired couples came up here and built their 5000 sf dream homes. That dream might now be a nightmare.
bus-bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #3
Bus Geek

I got dumped on because I posted this on Escapees forum. Many people never know they live in areas with high SF restrictions until they personally come up against it. I do not think this petition will do anything except raise awareness of the situation. This is a problem on the local levels, Hopefully, politicians will become aware of it and will be more receptive to changing the silly restrictions in their home areas.

BTW, your skoolies are considered too small to be adequate housing in many areas because they are less than 1000 SF.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Just put up a pole building on your rural property, and park the rv in there...then add wings for rooms as the years go by... always keep it looking like a pole building...
Old 04-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #5
Bus Geek

The thing is WHY should you have too? If I want to live in 500 SF (or less) why can't I? Why should a single person be required to build a 3K to 4K (and up) house to live in? Some areas include ANY FREE STANDING STRUCTURE such as a storage building or garage to apply to the minimum square footage rules.This is to prevent some sneaky person from building a pole barn and stealth converting it into a residence. Lots of folks see existing old tiny houses and think that don't have minimum square footage regs but don't realize those structures are allowed because they are grandfathered in. NEW construction can't be that small.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:42 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

pole shed eh....

guy in Weyburn sask built a shell over his camper for the winter. lol he is now trying to sell it and not suceeding
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #7
Bus Crazy

when i get back to our alabama property again, i am building a pole building in the evergreen trees, and putting the bus in it... and eventually adding living room, etc.. should be very cheap to live, with only elect to pay for as kid has other half of property...i dont like paying more than 200 max.