Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2018, 08:36 AM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1978
Engine: Detroit 6-71
Tires Crown Bus

Hi everyone I am looking to get tires for our Crown Bus, it currently has 12R 22.5 h tires. I was quoted like $2700 for all 6 not including tax and "additional" parts which can be another 5% from what they said. Is that too pricey or is that a just price? Also are these the only size tires or type of tires I can get for our bus?

Right now the 2 front steer tires are both showing some cracking all 6 tires have a date code from 2003-2005. So they are past the time, although the back ones don't look in bad condition as much as the front steer ones which have some cracking on the side walls.

If anyone with experience can guide me? Are 12 R 22.5 H tires the only size and type of tires I can get or are there more comparable tires for maybe a little less? I type that into Google and it shows me other tires too but idk which ones are compatible.

Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:58 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawlings View Post
Hi everyone I am looking to get tires for our Crown Bus, it currently has 12R 22.5 h tires. I was quoted like $2700 for all 6 not including tax and "additional" parts which can be another 5% from what they said. Is that too pricey or is that a just price? Also are these the only size tires or type of tires I can get for our bus?

Right now the 2 front steer tires are both showing some cracking all 6 tires have a date code from 2003-2005. So they are past the time, although the back ones don't look in bad condition as much as the front steer ones which have some cracking on the side walls.

If anyone with experience can guide me? Are 12 R 22.5 H tires the only size and type of tires I can get or are there more comparable tires for maybe a little less? I type that into Google and it shows me other tires too but idk which ones are compatible.
H probably stands for "Heavy", next to the H should be a set of digits like 143/M, which would be the load and speed rating of the tire.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote