Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2018, 04:45 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Title issues???

I recently found a bus that I am buying, however for a second time the VIN was kicked back once from a gates vin look up site and once from my insurance company who insured the VIN as a gmc even after a picture of the title clearly showing the VIN and the make..

any help at all on this subject???

Thank You for reading

Jim

SilentReprieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:03 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

A bus will have a VIN plate viewable from outside the bus on the dashboard driver side. Check that against what it says on the title. If they don't match call up the seller and threaten to call in the Mounties if he doesn't give you your money back. If it does match, start trying to find out what about the VIN is giving your peeps indigestion.
dan-fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #3
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-fox View Post
A bus will have a VIN plate viewable from outside the bus on the dashboard driver side. Check that against what it says on the title. If they don't match call up the seller and threaten to call in the Mounties if he doesn't give you your money back. If it does match, start trying to find out what about the VIN is giving your peeps indigestion.
well i will finalize the inspection and purchase when i retrieve the bus in May , the VIN however comes back properly to a 2003 Thomas as per the Thomas dealer here in E. Syracuse NY... smh...i dunno

Good idea though thank you

Jim
SilentReprieve is offline   Reply With Quote