Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2021, 02:01 PM   #21
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2mikon View Post
<snip>The other RV's in the park were just trashed. Leaking water through the roof, vents broken out and lights removed.<snip>
Every time I think about an RV, I watch another episode of AZ RV Expert's YouTube channel and see how poorly those things are made. https://www.youtube.com/user/azrvexpert

rossvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:35 PM   #22
Bus Crazy

Year: 2007
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: C7 Cat
Ok I'm still thinking I heard something about free beer
Oscar1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 09:05 PM   #23
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar1 View Post
Ok I'm still thinking I heard something about free beer
Haha! Come visit, spend the night parked out back in the view spot, and the wine or beer's on us!
Old 02-03-2021, 11:44 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Thanks Ross, much appreciate your generous offer and hoping we can take you up on that some day soon.
If we can ever get that border open we're ready to do some travelling for sure.
Looks like this summer is going to have to be a northern BC trip, maybe we'll map out a ghost towns and hotsprings tour.
Still waiting to hear some details on that new purchase you picked up(yes I noticed you slipped that little detail in there the other night) lol
Cheers

Oscar
Old 02-03-2021, 11:58 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Bantam
Engine: International T444
Rated Cap: 16?
Yes, I am rather intrigued with your purchase as well
ISAF2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:14 AM   #26
Bus Crazy

Okay...this is a big veer off topic, but I can't find the recent "Considering a Crown" thread. So because Oscar and ISAF asked...here are two photos of the Crown. She's not pretty and someone had started a bad conversion, which I've already ripped out. She's been derisively referred to as The Green Bean, but she'll get a proper name! She's got good bones and runs well. She's a 1980 Crown with a 6-71 with Jakes and a manual 5-speed, but I just bought a 10-speed to replace that. She runs well and is, mechanically and physically, in really good shape...and she'll make a nice sister bus to our old Gillig. Once I actually do something with her, I'll start a proper thread.

photo_2021-02-01 08.44.59.jpeg

photo_2021-02-04 07.12.40.jpeg
Old 02-04-2021, 09:21 AM   #27
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
Ross, what axle ratio do you have in that. My son's crown has a 4.66 and with a 13 speed RTO .85 od it is still lacking.
s2mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 10:27 AM   #28
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossvtaylor View Post
Okay...this is a big veer off topic, but I can't find the recent "Considering a Crown" thread. So because Oscar and ISAF asked...here are two photos of the Crown. She's not pretty and someone had started a bad conversion, which I've already ripped out. She's been derisively referred to as The Green Bean, but she'll get a proper name! She's got good bones and runs well. She's a 1980 Crown with a 6-71 with Jakes and a manual 5-speed, but I just bought a 10-speed to replace that. She runs well and is, mechanically and physically, in really good shape...and she'll make a nice sister bus to our old Gillig. Once I actually do something with her, I'll start a proper thread.

Attachment 53651

Attachment 53652
looks like a beauty to me, congrats on the awesome find
Thanks

Oscar
Old 02-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #29
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
campgrounds open with services?

I'm curious about campground and their showers. I was thinking of heading towards the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix area) to do some work on my bus, and was looking at Google Earth, found a lake east of Phoenix, zoomed in to what looked like a campground, and it was EMPTY!

If some of the campgrounds are empty, the others should be over-full this time of year. And I hear the showers and toilets are closed in state campgrounds, even if the park-spot is open.

How about truck stop showers? West of the Mississippi River, I don't remember seeing much of any "full-service" truck stops with showers. Any current experience?
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #30
Bus Nut

Mountain Gnome, This almost needs to be a special thread for reports on campgrounds and their status. Including if they are skoolie friendly. Preferably listed by State. Any ideas anyone?
s2mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 01:53 PM   #31
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC1000 HandyBus
Engine: 5.9L 24V-L6 Cummins ISB
Rated Cap: 26 foot
Well, I'm just looking for a generalized answer. I'm sure there entire websites dedicated to campgrounds, locations, status, etc. Too many of them to do here.

Just wondering what people are finding in general, not specific states or specific campgrounds. Even though I mentioned AZ specifically; seems like full-timers flock there every winter, so I imagine there is a general shortage altogether there.
Mountain Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:48 PM   #32
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
my busses continue to be my means of getting out and working , travelling, and now that summer is ending, will again be my dining room and "coffee shop" as the numbers are up, im Vaxxed, but not ready to particpate and packed indoor spaces.. weith summer patio dining and out door activity were my mental saviour.. not sure yet how I will endure a second winter of solitude (esp after a generally cool rainy summer) where i didnt energy-build.. that said I still dont plan on too many indoor social activities till the numbers come down..

being able to drive to warmer sunnier weather for fall and winter along with still staying relatively safe to eat out and work is a goal.

im guessing here in the states we wont see full-scale indoor dining and shopping closures like we did but still theres no reason I need to dine in if it feels unsafe.

I can eat fast food in my pickup truck with a steering wheel tray.. but its really tough to do in my little car.. and the truck goes back at the end of its lease here in another month or 2.. (theres no new trucks to lease so I wont have one for awhile). the red bus isnt set up like my DEV however it does fit in places a bit easier so i'll use it in tighter parking lots..

yeah im set pretty well for another covid winter if the numbers stay high

im not one to stay home and definitely not one to eat / cook at home (cooking is fun but I hate cleaning up and I hate left overs)
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:31 PM   #33
Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Our hot little hands...
Chassis: Ford CF8000 ExpeditionVehicle
Engine: Cummins 505ci mechanical
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATravelingMan32 View Post
...as we assess the operating environment...[then some stuff about bumblebrats (and security from them?)]...
a)
The last time we owned a television set was sometime last century.
We have zero-zero-zero interest in televisionprogramming.
b)
I vaguely recall somebody mentioning something about the government agents, but since I am not -- nor would be -- a government agent, it had nothing to do with me.
c)
A couple decades ago, we visited Harbin HotSprings Resort north of frisco in California for a three-day workshop.
After we parked our old bashed rusty Dodge PowerwWagon near Stan Dale Lodge, a young couple in a new Audi convertible pulled up in the turn-around.
The nervous young driver looked around at all the available parking-spaces.
He seemed frightened of us, almost too terrorfied to ask "Are we allowed to park here?"
My response:
"You are 'allowed' to do anything you want!" (the workshop was 18-n-older), but these two acted like this was their first time away from home.
If I was me, I might tend to not pay much mind to tin-horn dictators.
We workkamp a small organic teaching farm near the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon.
The local big-shot is unelected governess kate 'Moonbeam' brown (apparently, no relation to perpetual bureaucrat edmund g. 'Moonbeam' brown of California).
The Oregon brown issues daily dictates to up-date her other dictates about her other dictates... and seems supremely satisfied by the resulting generation of paperwork.
Outside that tiny circle of 'supplicants', pretty much nobody else pays her any mind.
Were you thinking otherwise?
LargeMargeInBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 05:35 PM   #34
Bus Nut

Yep. Governing while intoxicated with power. Same here in NM.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:48 AM   #35
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Coachwork: AmTran (Now Navistar)
Engine: DT444E (7.3L) International
Rated Cap: 31,800 pounds
I'm with LargeMarge.
I'm also in Oregon where Brown Rot seems to have migrated north.

I have a couple of masks.
They have writing on them that conveys the similarities to the Austrian Corporal.
My daily driver has some choice sayings.
And pretty much everyone around ignores the tyrant as well as the wanna be brown shirts. Government buildings and services excepted. Large corporations excepted. They're all on board with "the new normal".
HamSkoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 08:56 AM   #36

In Connecticut, several school bus routes delayed as drivers protest COVID-19 vaccine mandate, but most districts report no major issues. In a recent survey of drivers by the Connecticut School Transportation Association, 1,558 drivers from 12 bus companies said that they are currently unvaccinated. Of those, 1,331 said they would agree to weekly testing, leaving 227 who planned to refuse the testing requirement.

Because the survey included only 12 of the 67 companies represented by the transportation association, some feared the true number of bus driver holdouts would be even higher. The issue caused particular concern at a time when school districts nationwide have experienced a shortage of bus drivers.

PICKING THE BEST HIPAA COMPLIANT TEXTING APP https://curogram.com/hipaa-compliant-texting
Some applications are only designed to send appointment reminders and other basic text messages to patients, but they donít offer encrypted HIPAA-compliant texting for PHI or internal staff messaging features.
britneywayne280 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel