Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 08:28 PM   #1

Urgent help needed - Can I drive my skoolie conversion into the USA?

Hi Everyone,

I am a Canadian living in the Toronto area, and today I put a deposit down on 2016 shuttle bus, which is a Ford E350 cutaway with a Eldorado Aerotech box, which I plan on converting into a RV.

Driving home it dawned on me that i'm not even sure if i'll be able to get the bus/rv insured, and if i'll be able to cross the border into the US to visit the many places I want to go see.

Will I be able to drive it over the border into the United States without any problems? And can a school bus converted to an RV be insured.

I know i'll probably get some "Well you should of did your home work first before buying responses" but I didn't want to lose it, and had to make a quick decision.

Hopefully some Canadians on the board will be able to answer the US travel question tonight, because I need to know whether I should continue with the purchase.

Also if any one can put me in touch with an insurance agent that gets skoolies, and can hook me up with some insurance, that would be great.

Thanks in advance. I look forward to spending many hours on the boards getting some help from the community.

Cheers,

Robert

RobInToronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 08:44 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2013
Chassis: IC RE
Engine: HT570 / 3500SP
Rated Cap: 4
Can't answer about the insurance (good luck), but you sure can cross the border with your converted bus, as long as it is registered.
ABBus is offline   Reply With Quote