Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Visiting ID and OR Jul 9-15

I'm going out to Idaho and Oregon for the week of July 9th through 15th. My actual destination is La Grande, OR, but I'm flying into Boise and driving a rental car the rest of the way.

The primary purpose for my trip is to spend some time with my GF. However, her work schedule tends to put her "weekends" on monday and tuesday instead of normal weekends. I had to pick those dates to work around scheduling conflicts at home and work, as well as to keep the costs down. Due to my GF's work schedule, I'm likely to be stuck in a hotel room bored for several of those days. There's only so much cable TV I can watch, and only so much web surfing I can do.

Last night I thought I should ask around on here and see if anyone has a suggestion for something fun I can do while I'm there. Also, it occurs to me that it might be a good opportunity to meet up with some fellow skoolies in that area if anyone were interested.

My flight lands in Boise at 12:26pm on July 9th. The other flight departs from Boise at 3:07pm on July 15th. I expect to be unavailable most of the 13th and 14th to be spending time with her, but most of the rest of the time is likely to be played by ear.

The last time I visited La Grande, my plane landed near midnight Boise time, and I drove most of the way to La Grande. About 10 miles from my hotel, I managed to hit an elk and tear up the rental car with less than 2000 miles on it. But, they replaced it with another one with only 143 miles on it. That was back in February, and I enjoyed the trip but disliked the boring days spent in a hotel room.

So, any ideas? Anyone want to show off their conversion in that area? The rental car has unlimited miles, but I still have to pay for fuel for it, so I won't be doing any 8 hour drives.

thanks,
jim

baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40
Re: Visiting ID and OR Jul 9-15

We will be coming right through both Boise and LaGrande on our way to the oregon coast. Probably around the 13th or 14th and would love to meet up give a tour of our ride and maybe have a beverage. I can't guarantee anything but it is right on our way. I will try and contact you on this thread when we get close. RECYCLER
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:53 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycler
We will be coming right through both Boise and LaGrande on our way to the oregon coast. Probably around the 13th or 14th and would love to meet up give a tour of our ride and maybe have a beverage. I can't guarantee anything but it is right on our way. I will try and contact you on this thread when we get close. RECYCLER
That's cool. Talked with my gf about it today, and she thinks it'd be awesome to see your bus. Her words: "tell him he better stop by on his way through".

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your bus.

jim
Old 06-15-2009, 08:49 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

Well I'm about 107 miles from your gf in MF OR.
Shoot me a pm and I will give you my number.

camo-monster

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:02 PM   #5
Bus Nut

The trip is rapidly approaching. As it stands right now, it looks like we'll be meeting recycler and camo-monster while I'm out there. Anyone else game?

jim