Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 AM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
We are a MOVEMENT!

If one of us buys a skoolie in four part harmony, everyone will think you are sick in the head.
If two of us buy skoolies in four part harmony, everyone will think we're gay.
If three of us buy skoolies in four part harmony, everyone will think we are an organization.
But if fifty of us buy skoolies in four part harmony, everyone will think we are a MOVEMENT!

I have been away from this site for quite some time. When I came back, I found a bunch of new people that have bought buses or are thinking about it. I think it's awesome. I do consider it a sickness and we should be proud of it. There is always a new post about someone scoring a bus. It just means more people joining the discussion about the conversion process. More people brainstorming. This can only be a good thing. Go back a number of years and try to imagine buying a bus and converting it to a motorhome without help. Obviously, some of you are very talented and capable of doing conversions without help, but some of need a little or a lot of help. That is where this site becomes a goldmine. A place to ask questions, regardless of how dumb they are(sorry, some are dumb, but that's OK) . Everyone is welcome.

Anyways, I will wrap this up. I want to give Steve a big hand and a huge thank you for this forum. No stinking membership is required to just look at the wealth of knowledge here. Steve, YOU ARE THE MAN!

Please, no one get bent over the gay comment. Some of you young pups may not know where I am coming from, that's OK. You will figure it out.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: We are a MOVEMENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
If one of us buys a skoolie in four part harmony, everyone will think you are sick in the head.
If two of us buy skoolies in four part harmony, everyone will think we're gay.
If three of us buy skoolies in four part harmony, everyone will think we are an organization.
But if fifty of us buy skoolies in four part harmony, everyone will think we are a MOVEMENT!

. . . . . .Please, no one get bent over the gay comment. Some of you young pups may not know where I am coming from, that's OK. You will figure it out.
A key to figure it out: http://www.skoolie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5174
Note: the song is copyrighted and Smitty's link no longer works, you'll have to search for it if you don't already know.
Quote:
A place to ask questions, regardless of how dumb they are(sorry, some are dumb, but that's OK)
They aren't dumb if you've never been exposed to the subject. They are only dumb if you ask and get the same answer 3 times, and then ask again because you didn't like the answer.
Quote:
Everyone is welcome.
Even Arky!
Quote:
Steve, YOU ARE THE MAN!
Hear! Hear!
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Bus Nut

I agree with you Cal this forum is an informative place and it's full of great folks who are always ready and able to lend support. Be that information, knowledge, how to aid, parts and much more. A shout out goes to Steve our fearless leader for providing us such a fun and useful resource. I believe he has shown great skill in the way he manages this Internet Site as this place as a unique character that is rarely found on the Internet. There seems to be no end to the kindness of the people who have been gathered together here.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #4

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

If anyone needs help,

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote