Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2007, 11:20 AM   #21
Bus Nut

How 'bout your kinetic art cohorts? Are they the untouchables?

As for me. I'm pete. Yup, that's what the folks called me. The C is a surname initial.

I generally don't like giving out such info as you never know what kinda marooons are on the other side of your computer screen, but, let's just say I am probably a very distant relative to a former nocal congressman guilty of nailing a young aid who had the misfortune of getting herself dead during a very slow news period.

If she had just waited a few months to say, september 10th of that year, I have no doubt he's still be there swapping aid nailing stories with the rest of those scoundrels.

pete c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:42 AM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Pete:
Oh dear. Say hello to your uncle Gary for me

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
Almost There

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: International
Engine: 345
Rated Cap: 69
Old Colege fraternity nickname. See, between classes, pledging, partying, and working the 4-8 am shift for UPS, I lived on power naps. At parties, I would tell a bunch of people to be sure to wake me @ 3. Then I would crash for 30 minutes to an hour in a corner somewhere or in a chair. Always in view and not TOO comfortable. Believe it or not, people respected it and let me rest without bothering me, till 3 of course. The chicks all thought it was cute. It's one of those nicknames that really stuck in school.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:09 PM   #24

Send a message via Yahoo to Bush Pilot
Handles

Hello All, I chose the name Bush Pilot because I just like the name, no I don’t fly planes into northern remote areas or anything like that, hell I don’t even know how to fly a plane, like I said I just like the name.
Bush Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 10:15 AM   #25

rusty......

My screen name refers to my beloved '58 Chevrolet Apache 1/2 ton truck. It was converted to a 283 in the distant past. When I bought it, it was siezed, and had a huge crack in the block. However I had the heads rebuilt and bought a rebuilt shortblock, because I heard the 283 was a great engine. I rebuilt or replaced the entire driveline except the differential. Also, the transmission guru that built my 3-speed, put a circa 1955 overdrive unit on it for an extra 400 dollars. It runs about 2,000 rpms at 70 mph. Imagine the surprise people experience when I silently pass them on the highway with 1958 Texas farm truck plates, and I'm several states away from Texas. The only real challenge is stopping it with those drum brakes. No i'm not considering disk brake conversion. I just don't let anyone else drive my stuff.
It still has what's left of the original paint job, but 75% of it has been burned off in the hot south Texas sun. No real cancer, except the usual rear cab corners. Just surface rust. So it doesn't look like it could make it across the street, much less across the continent.
I named him Rusty years ago. So later, I named my email account after him. This is why I didn't use proper english, and make it rusted apache.

I suppose, since my '59 Ward shortie is a Chevrolet Viking, I should have used something like Rusted Viking. In order to keep things simple I use rusty apache for all forums I belong to. The Viking is nearly as rusted as the Apache.
I do plan to paint the Viking, but not before taking lots of photos of the two together. The Apache will most likely get the cab corners replaced, then painted brown to match the rust as closely as possible. Then a good overall treatment with Ospho, and then some clearcoat.
I'm planning to list it, and several other vehicular atrocities with the Texas film comission, because I understand good running antiques that have not been repainted are sought after in the film industry. Besides as it is, it's got soul. A nice paint job would take that away. It would look really neat to use Rusty as a toad, but my toad will probably be a 1960 Vespa 150 (modified to 177cc) strapped in near the emergency exit.
rusty_apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 07:27 AM   #26
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Thomas Built Bus
Chassis: International S1800
Engine: 9.0L Diesel
Rated Cap: 54
Oakspring is the name of an old Virginia homestead I lived on in, of all places, Virginia down in Caroline Country, just south of Fredericksberg. There were lots of oaks and lots of springs on the 100 acres I rented for just $600/month. I needed a name for my email provider and this just popped into my head and has stuck.

VESPA!! HOW COOL! My wife has wanted a Vespa for years. But now they are collectible and getting pretty pricey. DANG!
oakspring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #27
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60
Re: Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Pilot
Hello All, I chose the name Bush Pilot because I just like the name, no I don’t fly planes into northern remote areas or anything like that, hell I don’t even know how to fly a plane, like I said I just like the name.
And if you have a filthy mind like I do, the name "Bush Pilot" could be taken entirely the wrong way!
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #28

VESPA!! HOW COOL! My wife has wanted a Vespa for years. But now they are collectible and getting pretty pricey. DANG![/quote]

They can still be had for cheap. We were in Cuero Texas on the 2nd of march gassing up our '53 ford f-100, when a elderly rancher approached us. I was expecting him to comment on the Ford, but he pointed to my '80 Vespa on the flatbed and said he'd brought one like it over from California. Then he offered to sell it to me for $150. So we picked it up from him on our way back from Galveston.
Even at a bargain like that, I could easily invest $1,500 in it, because it was left outdoors for decades. The good part is that after all is said and done it would be worth what I had in it. Actually, it turned out to be a 50cc special so I already sold it to a friend who likes the smallframe vespa. If you watch the thrifty nickle and the classified section of the newspaper they show up occasionally.
Once you get one, they seem to multiply, without even trying. People see you riding them, then they want to tell you about the one they used to have, or sometimes still have. I guess finding Vespas is like falling in love. As soon as you give up looking for it, it comes from out of nowhere.
rusty_apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:38 AM   #29
Almost There

Well I must admit as have been using my screen name as a bit of advertising. Since moving to western New York I have been working on starting up my wood shop. Just a part-time thing, but I make rocking chairs, aquariums, other stuff. Just started to get into wood turning so been dabbling with pens and pencils along with bowls and stuff.

My neighbor is a logger so he keeps me supplied with all the neat parts of the tree for free; the burl, crotch-wood, etc. I send some freebies over there from time-to-time to make up for it.

This spring's project is going to be my first wood-strip canoe and I started looking into a toy-hauler to handle a 20' canoe and the bus popped up as one of the best ideas for this, since we can convert the inside and mount the canoes on top. So we joined the skoolie revolution.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:06 PM   #30
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrockingchairs
So we joined the skoolie revolution.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM   #31
Bus Geek

Quote:
my first wood-strip canoe

Besides joining the Skoolie Revolution, be sure you go back to page 1 of this thread and
compare notes with that canoe building Boogie Woogie Man From Tennessee!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:00 PM   #32
Bus Nut

Hey, hey, hey!!! A woodstrip's the way to go! 'Course sitting in a handmade rocking chair on the front porch sounds pretty nice too!!
boojiewoojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:06 AM   #33
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1982
Chassis: TransitLiner
Engine: Cummings
Mine is my FCC issued Amateur Radio call sign, chosen for another affinity of mine, BMW Motorcycles. I changed my call from N5NBD to W1BMW so I could get personalized plates for the last bike (2002 BMW K1200RS). Anyone else here a ham? Post here
w1bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:47 PM   #34
Mini-Skoolie

The origin of KaptnKAOS

I have been called KaptnKAOS long before the character on South Park was even thought of.

My nic was given to me several years ago at a Summer Bible camp by the students on my team.
The camp had a quazy military theme that week, we were team #7 and had to come up with a team name and banner.
We came up with the team name KAOS, an ancronym for Krazy About Our Savior.
Since I was the team leader they all started calling me Kaptn. Hence the name KaptnKAOS was birthed
Our team's logo was incredible... it had KAOS in bold bright green letters trimmed in black, below that, we had a large red 7 also trimmed in black. Behind them was crossed yellow lightning bolts trimmed in red then black. I still have the team's banner.
Even though I have "worked" at many camps before and since that week that was one of the best weeks of camp I ever experienced...

Now you know... the rest of the story

KaptnKAOS

Olde Skool '68 Ford Bluebird bus "Shorty"
https://rides.webshots.com/album/559029491BwEQCZ
KaptnKAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:16 PM   #35
Bus Geek

Hey, W1bmw:

Does this kind of "ham" count?

(1983 BMW R100)

Old 04-27-2007, 01:22 PM   #36
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1982
Chassis: TransitLiner
Engine: Cummings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot Naess
Does this kind of "ham" count?
Why Soytenly! Nice old airhead. I think now that I've gotten out of my speed phase (the K helped me collect 7 points on my DL), I think it's time for an R60/6 or maybe an R90 from that vintage.
w1bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:52 PM   #37
Bus Geek

What little I know about Airheads, I learned here:
http://www.boxerworks.com/message.phtml

Oh, and according to this:
Quote:
Why Soytenly!
, you are OK in my book!

Old 04-27-2007, 05:12 PM   #38
Bus Nut

bdavis441:

Brad Davis (bdavis)
441 my 3digit AMA motocross number
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #39
Bus Nut

Swinada = Swi/tzerlan-Ca/nada
Born and raised in Switzerland, chosen to live in Canada.
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:28 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinada
Born and raised in Switzerland
I was just there last year, stayed in Biel for a week. Beautiful country, I could have stayed for weeks. I really miss the beer.

Anyway, Jesse-James is my birth given middle name.