Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Champion
Chassis: Ford e-450
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 14
What is happening to this site?

I have a bus-and I have have plenty of posts -so hopefully my opinion counts--WTF is going on here lately? Someone posts a bus for sale-it turns into 2 pages of snipping+ bad mouthing + whining about the cost of bullets? Someone asks a simple stereo question and is told do their homework or go away? I never saw a one bad word on this site for years-now I'm having to take a deep breath before I get here. WHY?? Whats changed? Is this the norm now? Is Skoolie gonna beome one of those sites where you have the one of the select few to say anything?
Admins-please do something about this ASAP!

my bus build https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/Skoolies/Sped
sdwarf36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: What is happening ??

The conduct seen here is very typical for all forums and BBs. Human interaction continues to change. Most folks do know about buses. It is necessary to ignore any posts that annoy you and welcome those posts that are meaningful to
you. Any one can say anything, it is up to the consumer to sort out any information not needed. Tolerance is learned. As age continues, ideas and values continue to change. My own life has constantly changed. Even this hobby has changed as about 14 buses and RVs have been in my live. People who make poor post can be uninformed or just want their view exposed. There is no one who can police poor conduct. Enjoy all posts for what they are to you. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Re: What is happening ??

The conduct seen here is very typical for all forums and BBs. Human interaction continues to change. Most folks do not know about buses. It is necessary to ignore any posts that annoy you and welcome those posts that are meaningful to you. Any one can say anything, it is up to the consumer to sort out any information not needed. Tolerance is learned. As age continues, ideas and values continue to change. My own life has constantly changed. Even this hobby has changed as about 14 buses and RVs have been in my live. People who make poor posts can be uninformed or just want their view exposed. There is no one who can police poor conduct. Enjoy all posts for what they are to you. Frank
frank-id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: What is happening to this site?

And the winter weather does not help either. Makes us all cranky. What most of us need is a trip in warm, sunny weather. A trip TO warm, sunny, flip-flops-&-shorts weather.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #5

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36
I have a bus-and I have have plenty of posts -so hopefully my opinion counts--WTF is going on here lately? Someone posts a bus for sale-it turns into 2 pages of snipping+ bad mouthing + whining about the cost of bullets? Someone asks a simple stereo question and is told do their homework or go away? I never saw a one bad word on this site for years-now I'm having to take a deep breath before I get here. WHY?? Whats changed? Is this the norm now? Is Skoolie gonna beome one of those sites where you have the one of the select few to say anything?

Maybe you should do a better job of reading.

There is a mod on here that thread craps all over a bus for sale if the price is more than $500 yet he has no bus. Forums reveal the true nature of what is inside a person. That's life, deal with it. And yes the price of ammo (not bullets) is high and I guess pointing it out is whining.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycal
There is a mod on here that thread craps all over a bus for sale if the price is more than $500 yet he has no bus. Forums reveal the true nature of what is inside a person. That's life, deal with it. And yes the price of ammo (not bullets) is high and I guess pointing it out is whining.
really...?

you ain't kidding! hey thats not whinning, that's crying!
100MPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #7

So be it. I'm crying about it.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #8
Skoolie

Quote:
So be it. I crying about it.
I didn't mean you, I meant me. Can't even get CCI .22lr! I was able to get a bulk box with that gator guys name on it (Troy something) but I hate having a box of loose rounds.
100MPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:05 PM   #9

Walmart had some CCI but not much else except for hunting rounds. No .223, .308, 7.62x39 and definitely no bulk .22.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #10
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 47

I think some people have tender butts.
Motobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #11
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdwarf36

Maybe you should do a better job of reading.

Asking far too much for a bus can be like tossing a squirming animal into the Amazon. Respondents who take the tone of Consumer Reports are OK.

It's all too trendy to blend two or more words to sound hip: staycation, bromance, fantabulous, etc. Despite that, one such recent word, worse yet, the concept to which it refers, is passé: Netiquette.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

I'm on a lot of forums for all kinds of hobbies, this one is very mellow...

There will always be newbies asking the same questions over and over, that's life... Everyone wants a quick google answer rather than doing their research...

I agree with Lorna about the weather having a part in it... If you have a facebook account, everything is butterflies and rainbows when it's nice out... Then if the weather changes to scorching temps or gloom and cold, posts start to get depressing...

Btw, Senator Schumer just asked Walmart to quit selling guns and ammo until "they" figure out what to do to save us from ourselves... IMHO, .22 ammo will be the dollar of the future...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #13

Quote:
... IMHO, .22 ammo will be the dollar of the future...
Quoted for truth.

Schumer is a dickhead.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #14
Bus Geek

If we can't squabble, criticize, praise, steal each other's ideas and improve upon them on skoolie.net, then just where can we do that? We all have bad days. We all get tired of folks asking the same questions over and over. And we are all amazed at how much some folks think their conversions are worth. We might not say it on here but many more of us think it than post it.

If anyone bugs you too much, then go to your User Control Panel and add them to your Foe List. For example: I have Ol Trunt listed as a Foe (no offense). Why? It's not really anything against him. But sometimes he gets on a tear and bugs the crap out of me. What listing him as a Foe does is allow me to choose if I want to read his posts (by clicking on them), or to ignore them. Keeps the peace between us a bit better. I have several members on my Foe list. If I am in a bitchy mood , then I have to put a little extra effort in allowing certain folks to get me riled up rather than just seeing every "idiot" thing they post. It works more often than not. I can usually, not always, get my temper in check before I post something that could escalate into something nasty. I get to blame menopause, what's you men's excuse?

Do Ol Trunt & I converse sanely? Sometimes. But other times not. We all get a bit thin-skinned at times. But this forum is the only one I post on where the members generally understand that some of us may be having a bad day. Would I mind finding a member of Skoolie.net parked in the same campground as we are? No. I really can't say that about Escapees where everyone had to either be politically correct or adhere to the accepted "Escapee mindset". Leave the squabbling intact. Sometimes we just need to vent a bit.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:50 AM   #15
Mini-Skoolie

I've certainly noticed that too. I try not to post questions that already have answers to them. I understand how annoying that can be, so despite what others may think, I do in fact do my "homework" in the form of conducting research. For me, I'd rather know the answer right away anyway instead of wait on a bunch of people to post. So it's advantageous to look for a preexisting answer if you're in a hurry. If I post a question that's been posted before, it's not on purpose.

I don't join these forums to establish an online persona to elevate myself above others. The internet isn't my entire life. I don't thrive on belittling others and I don't define my entire existence by my presence on an online forum. To me, skoolie.net is just a place for people to congregate around a common theme or interest and to exchange ideas, but I don't let it become an extension of who I am. It's just a place I sign into and join discussions. I'm not some almighty forum god that wets his pants if someone doesn't meet my holy list of forum commandments. We can have disagreements. In fact, that's inevitable. But I assume we're all adults here that know how to have said disagreements in a civil manner. Being told to "go away" seems rather childish. Certainly not how I would have handled it. If a post bothered someone and they didn't feel like they could discuss something rationally with someone, that person them self should go away to preserve civil discourse.

I think it's a neat concept to convert a school bus into a motorhome and while there are many forums dedicated to this topic, skoolie.net seems to be the most active. Most of the time discussions are civil, though I have noticed a few discussions including the infamous thread I started which have gotten heated. It never was nor will it ever be my intent to purposely start a fight with anyone, but I WILL NOT stand by while being attacked. I also sure as hell don't need anyone's approval about what/when/where/why/how to post. The only people I answer to on this forum are the moderators. Most everyone else I can interact with respectfully. Any answers given are appreciated, regardless of how "homeworkless" they may seem. And while someone may have suggested I go away, I'm not going ANYWHERE.
stonestatue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #16

Ask whatever you want. I wouldn't sweat it.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 01-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #17
Bus Crazy

I find this site pretty reasonable, esp compared to one of the other - not to be named- larger bus conversion website, which really gets heated discussions going.
I think people come to these websites from all levels of age, maturity and experience, and i think all of those factors need to be considered when reading posts.
People don't have to have a bus to be a part of the site, but often have good ideas to contribute.
there will always be some communication problems, and differing ideas, but most of us are fallible humans...
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
Bus Geek

I got this e-mail from Escapees today! God forbid that you criticize them on their forum. I forget that you can't post large images on their forum.

THANK YOU SKOOLIE.NET MODERATORS FOR BEING MORE UNDERSTANDING!!!!

[quote]Hello,

You warning level has increased on http://www.rvnetwork.com due to going public with your grievances.

"They get picky about the image size but the forum software does not resize the images like other forums I have been on. Although I think some of it has to do with WHO is posting the images. Some moderators and the more PC can post large images while other posters can only put up thumbnails. "

"They get picky about the image size but the forum software does not resize the images like other forums I have been on. Although I think some of it has to do with WHO is posting the images. Some moderators and the more PC can post large images while other posters can only put up thumbnails. I do like how they deleted the images with out notifying me that the images were too large. Didn't even have the courtesy of leaving me a message in the forum message thingy. Make you feel all warm and fuzzy. What is that about the legendary "Escapees Friendliness"? Guess it doesn't extend to common courtesy."

Rule #3: If you have any concerns, questions, or problems contact an Admin. Going public with your grievances is automatic grounds to be banned, regardless of your warn status.

These types of posts are not allowed are against the rules you agreed to upon joining. The reason we didn’t not contact you before we deleted your pictures is we simple do not have time. There are thousands of posts made every day that have to be moderated and being forum admins is just one of our many jobs. This is why we left you a message in the post informing you that your pictures were too large. Sorry you feel that was not enough.

Thanks and have a great day,
name removed

I'm a BAAAAAAAD person!

I wonder if my "warn" level will increase because I posted this here?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #19
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72

Its like my wife says to me , I LEFT YOU ALONE TO LONG,NOW THERES ANOTHER PLACE YOU CANT GO

have good lorna

gbstewart
Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
I got this e-mail from Escapees today! God forbid that you criticize them on their forum. I forget that you can't post large images on their forum.

THANK YOU SKOOLIE.NET MODERATORS FOR BEING MORE UNDERSTANDING!!!!

Quote:
Hello,

You warning level has increased on http://www.rvnetwork.com due to going public with your grievances.

"They get picky about the image size but the forum software does not resize the images like other forums I have been on. Although I think some of it has to do with WHO is posting the images. Some moderators and the more PC can post large images while other posters can only put up thumbnails. "

"They get picky about the image size but the forum software does not resize the images like other forums I have been on. Although I think some of it has to do with WHO is posting the images. Some moderators and the more PC can post large images while other posters can only put up thumbnails. I do like how they deleted the images with out notifying me that the images were too large. Didn't even have the courtesy of leaving me a message in the forum message thingy. Make you feel all warm and fuzzy. What is that about the legendary "Escapees Friendliness"? Guess it doesn't extend to common courtesy."

Rule #3: If you have any concerns, questions, or problems contact an Admin. Going public with your grievances is automatic grounds to be banned, regardless of your warn status.

These types of posts are not allowed are against the rules you agreed to upon joining. The reason we didn’t not contact you before we deleted your pictures is we simple do not have time. There are thousands of posts made every day that have to be moderated and being forum admins is just one of our many jobs. This is why we left you a message in the post informing you that your pictures were too large. Sorry you feel that was not enough.

Thanks and have a great day,
name removed

I'm a BAAAAAAAD person!

I wonder if my "warn" level will increase because I posted this here?
Eff them. They sound like Arky.

You Gotta Let Me Fly