Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Carpenter Cadet CV
Chassis: G 30
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 23
what the global warmists' really want...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/no-pres ... o-fascism/

spirit_of_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: what the global warmists' really want...

Once again I find myself agreeing with Smitty. I do find it ironic that my goal is to full time in a skoolie...that will generally stay in one place for extended periods of time and run off solar/wind power...and I am an avid motorcyclist rather than a cager(better mpg)...and I recycle....and I camp/workout for recreation......My point is that my carbon footprint is certainly a fraction of most eco-whack-jobs and I know damn well that carbon isn't going to kill us all; plants live off the stuff for crying out loud.
crazyidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

I forgot to add that the whole scheme is solely based on a quest for money and power. I truly don't understand the fools who will gain nothing from their grand leaders' power mongering and go along cheering away.
crazyidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Skoolie

Coachwork: - Still Shopping -
Chassis: - Going Medium/Large -
Engine: - DT466 Desired -

.. a while back one brave government soul ventured forth with "the report" and it concluded that we had accelerated the natural cycle of global warming and cooling by a whole .. get ready for it .. a whole 50 years .. never heard from him again and can't find the report anymore .. I am sure it's out there somewhere (insert dramatic Muller and Scully music) ..

.. it's a bunch of horse-hocky .. couple of good volcano-burps easily exceed anything we have dreamed up so far ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Collins
Chassis: Ford
Engine: 7.3L Diesel
Rated Cap: 16

I've been reading the various postings on Skoolie for several years and gleaned a lot of useful information from some really smart bus recyclers. It was a little scary to run across this discussion of global warming, or climate change (the new PC reference). There is a great deal of misinformation out there and you folks seem to have read most of it. You would pretty much have to have had your head in a hole the past few decades to still deny that climate change is real. I suggest the website below for some interesting reading on the subject. Eco-idiots? Really folks - is this what you truly think of people who are concerned about the health of the planet?

http://www.skepticalscience.com/argument.php
pharmboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

First, Al isn't asking for my posessions - he's asking people to pay attention to what is going on around them. As far as getting into your pocketbook, the recent Bush administrations got farther into it than any president in history. You'll be paying for him the rest of your life and then some.

As for manipulation of the data - you might expect if one or two scientist in the world published such predictions they might be making it all up. When 97% of the scientific community supports the claims for climate change you have to wonder if there might be some truth to it. It is surprising how seemingly intelligent people, in the face of overwhelming evidence, will still maintain that the entire research body is fabricated.

Scientific research has touched all our live in many ways. If you've ever taken medicine or had a surgery you benefitted from research. I don't see you claiming that all medical research is falsified. I worked in research for 30 years and can truthfully say that nothing is ever simply black and white. Yet when so many scientist around the world agree that CO2 is rising more rapidly than it should be you have to look at the total picture and wonder if there might be some truth to what they are saying. I agree there are a lot of scary predictions and alarmist crap out there. It makes good press. Judging by your rabid attacks on those with a different opinion I suspect you haven't seen the Al Gore movie or read much of anything of a scientific nature regarding climate change, or anything else for that matter. I guess ignorance is bliss....

We do agree on one thing - litterbugs should be fined, then shot.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #7

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Ward
Engine: 350

(Heavy sigh) This subject I think will be placed beside the other two subjects, politics and religion, that can cause an argument at any social gathering. I do believe man is polluting the earth, and wish there was an intelligent way to stop it or at least reduce that. We have come a long way in that endeaver since the sixties and the seventies, at least in this country if not in other third world countries.I do believe the earth's temp is increasing but I think it is due to activity from the sun. NASA recently discovered the polar ice caps on Mars have been steadily decreasing. Since Mars is an uninhabited desert planet I doubt the cause of the increased temps is man made carbon dioxide.I think Mars is also being affected by the increase activity from our sun, same as the earth. Are we polluting the earth? Yes. Is it the sole cause for our increased temps? I doubt it.Should we do more individually to help prevent unneccessary polution of the earth? You bet. Should we shelve our way of life and live like the Amish to please the radicals out there? Hell no. Until we invent a safe reliable economicle replacement for the internal combustion engine, I plan to continue enjoying driving my vehicles with all the gusto at my command. To those radiacls who deem our way of life as dangerous to the earth, I say move to Africa and live in a small village using a hole in the ground to defecate in and squat down like a monkey to slurp your drinking water out of the closest available muddy stream you can find.After all it is all about being as close to mother earth as you can be isnt it?
GreyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Super Coach II, 36 Ft. RE
Engine: Cat 3208T, MT643

Atmospheric CO2 was 5000 PPM 400 million years ago. Now it is less than 400 ppm, one of the three lowest levels in all of Earth's history. Atmospheric CO2 would have to increase over tenfold to even be equal to the level of that past epoch, which obviously did not end life on Earth. Quite the contrary. It was a period of abundant life, and one could argue provided the raw material for today's "fossil fuel" reserves. (Where do you suppose they came from in the first place?) So in a sense, burning fossil fuel is carbon neutral in exactly the same way that burning biofuels is carbon neutral. The only difference is time scale. One might further argue that even if mankind could influence atmospheric CO2 levels, which is an exceedingly arrogant presumption to begin with (and untrue), an increase in these levels and temperatures may actually be a good thing. In greenhouse agriculture, CO2 is deliberately pumped into the controlled greenhouse environment to increase crop yields. It follows then that increased atmospheric CO2 would improve global plant growth, and that warmer temperatures would lengthen the growing season and increase total arable acreage. This in turn would improve crop yields worldwide and could potentially eliminate hunger.

Children drink kOOlaid, adults drink T.E.A.

Gallery: https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Skooli ... +Coach+II/
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:33 PM   #9
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmboi
Lies.

Methinks thou might perchance be a troll.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
Skoolie

Quote:
...When 97% of the scientific community supports the claims for climate change....
Even if this assertion (about the 97%) were true, which it's not, the consensus does not cause the (fictional) effect.

The fact of the matter is that it is the gravy train (grants) that causes many of these so-called experts to either toe the line or lose funding.

When 100 percent of everybody thought the world was flat, did that make it true?

When 100 percent of everybody thought the world was the center of the universe, did that make it true?

When 100 percent of everybody thought the Sun revolved around the Earth, did that make it true?

Methinks thou art a troll.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:34 AM   #11
Bus Nut

I could of had a V8!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Those Global Warming guys can be entertaining
Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 AM   #13
Mini-Skoolie

One final comment - a quote from Laurence J. Peter: Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.

To all those who doubt global warming is real, may you stay blissfully uninformed and magically ignorant this Christmas.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:27 PM   #14
Skoolie

Quote:
One final comment - a quote from Laurence J. Peter: Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.

Yeah--Y'all keep that in mind, Pharmboi.

To all those who cover their eyes and ears to the mountain of evidence refuting AGW, may you stay blissfully uninformed and magically ignorant this Christmas.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:

To all those who doubt global warming is real, may you stay blissfully uninformed and magically ignorant this Christmas.
Posted by someone who has a diesel bus. Shouldn't you find a more energy thing... like a tent? And the phrase is "Climate Change" now. I have no doubt the climate changes. After all in Shakespeare's day, the Thames River would freeze thick enough that huge lorries, loaded down with freight, pulled by several teams of horses, would be driven across it. This occurred for many years. In Medieval times, monks (the guys who were literate enough to keep accurate records), wrote of "the year without summer". And it was not the only example of short term radical climate change. The basic fact that many folks, including scientists forget is that the weather patterns in this planet are measured in terms of hundreds to thousands, even millions of years. While we do need to pull back on what we do to harm this planet, is is amazingly resilient. So before you start posting things or saying things about "global warming/Climate change" perhaps you need to look closer to home... like in the mirror. To post on this forum, you need power to power your computer... where does your power come from? If it came from PV cells... what did that involve? What are the pollutants that making PV cells create? How did you get your PV cells from the manufacturer? That involved fuel usages of some sort. What about your computer? I'm pretty sure the solder alone has a pile of lead in it. And that's not taking into account all the pollutants involved with the production of all the components. What are you wearing? All cotton or natural fibers I hope... and are you sure? And you wove the material and sewed them by hand right? And about that mirror... Do you know how mirrors are made? Are you breathing? You are putting out Carbon Dioxide (CO2)... you are a pollution creator... STOP BREATHING! I know that is taking things to extremes but have you really stopped and thought about it. Let's face it. We are just short-lived lower life forms, living among other short-lived lower life forms, on a spinning ball, circulating a dying sun. Have a nice day!

BTW, did you know that PLANTS must have CO2 in order to live and they release oxygen for humans to breathe. We need more plants!
http://www.plantsneedco2.org/default...ookieSupport=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_Warm_Period
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_F...5%E2%80%931317
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme...35%E2%80%93536
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:58 PM   #16
Bus Nut

Here's NASA latest comments on Global Warming;

Quote:
"The Sun is the primary forcing of Earth's climate system. Sunlight warms our world. Sunlight drives atmospheric and oceanic circulation patterns. Sunlight powers the process of photosynthesis that plants need to grow. Sunlight causes convection which carries warmth and water vapor up into the sky where clouds form and bring rain. In short, the Sun drives almost every aspect of our world's climate system and makes possible life as we know it.

"... According to scientists' models of Earth's orbit and orientation toward the Sun indicate that our world should be just beginning to enter a new period of cooling -- perhaps the next ice age...

"Other important forcings of Earth's climate system include such "variables" as clouds, airborne particulate matter, and surface brightness. Each of these varying features of Earth's environment has the capacity to exceed the warming influence of greenhouse gases and cause our world to cool. "

I think it may be time for you Global Warming guys to find a new cause to complain and worry about. This Man Made Global Warming dupe is falling apart.

Quote:
It was NASA, home of our space program, the currently unmuzzled James Hansen and one of the major centers for collecting climate data and analyzing it. (HT: Ace.)

The NASA statement is simply astounding to me. It says, quite unambiguously, that our climate is dominated by the sun and our orientation to it. It also credits non-carbon sources as "important forcings" of our climate: clouds, particulate matter and surface brightness. Finally, it warns of coming global cooling!

Of course, the NASA statement still says there is human-caused warming. But, it will be swamped by these other forces to yield net cooling. In short, whatever man is doing to the climate, it is insignificant in the face of natural forcings.

The science "consensus" has not only collapsed, it has raised the white flag and confessed that the skeptics were right all along. I think we can stick a fork in the climate change agenda. A few nuts will continue to wander the streets, mumbling to themselves and each other. But as a significant political agenda, I think it's over.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 PM   #17
Bus Nut

Quote:
The disintegration of this political juggernaut known as global warming is as imminent now as it is remarkable. The heights from which these scientists' credibility has plunged is equaled only by the speed.

Consider that it was only last year when the scientific and political world was held spellbound by the deliberations of the U.N. Climate Change summit held in Copenhagen. Nearly 45,000 attendees anxiously anticipated a global climate agreement that could spare us all from the imminent planetary incineration about to befall us thanks to the unholy alliance of SUVs, deforestation, and belching cows. American taxpayers alone shelled out nearly $400,000 for Nancy Pelosi to lead a cadre of liberal congressmen and staffers to attend the Warmer deliberations.

Yet now, just one year later, political leaders are staying as far away from the annual climate summit (this year held in Cancun) as possible. Even the Congressional Warmer triumvirate of Henry Waxman, Dianne Feinstein, and Barbara Boxer skipped the festivities. Remember, it was Boxer who proclaimed not so long ago that global warming was her "signature issue." Yet when it came time for this year's convention, Boxer merely murmured, "I'm sending a statement to Cancun."

Meanwhile, across the pond, things aren't much better for the global warming hysterics in the British Meteorological Office. As the Met geared up for Copenhagen in 2009, they were warning of the "warmest year on record." Fast-forward to this year, and as Britain is in the grip of yet another extraordinarily frigid winter, their admonitions are much more subdued. Even the Daily Mail noted why: "Buried amid the details of those two Met Office statements 12 months apart lies a remarkable climbdown that has huge implications -- not just for the Met Office, but for debate over climate change as a whole ... for the past 15 years, global warming has stopped."
Old 12-15-2010, 10:02 PM   #18
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas MVP
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Cummins8.3 Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 72

Can anyone tell me why it is that the milquetoast liberals line up on the global warming side and the wingnuts on the denial side?
https://thesuper8.bandcamp.com/
willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 07:51 AM   #19
Almost There

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas MVP
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Cummins8.3 Allison MD3060
Rated Cap: 72

Since you asked, I'm an anarchist...
https://thesuper8.bandcamp.com/
willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #20
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by willem
Since you asked, I'm an anarchist...
Oh wow, does your mother know?