Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-04-2022, 06:25 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1997
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 65?
Wheel chair lift repair?

Hey how-YOU-doin,

Not a big deal yet but I broke the manual pumping mechanism for my lift somehow. My lift, on occasion, will stop working. This has been going on ever since I got the bus (TC2000 FE 5.9). It randomly starts working again after 5mins-5days. I usually use it manually till it decides to come back online. The last time this happened I was bringing it back up and something snapped while pumping it up, now it there is no pump action. I didn't get into it cause it wasn't the time or place for any of that. It was close enough to fold up and shut the door but I gotta get back to it eventually.

This happen to anyone else? Is this a replaceable part inside the lift? What should I be searching for? The electrical bug would be nice to fix but as long as I have a guaranteed way of lifting/ lowering loads its fine.

Thanks.

Stuntmanmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:23 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000 28ft
Engine: Cummins ISB 5.9 24v, MD3060
Rated Cap: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntmanmitch View Post
Hey how-YOU-doin,

Not a big deal yet but I broke the manual pumping mechanism for my lift somehow. My lift, on occasion, will stop working. This has been going on ever since I got the bus (TC2000 FE 5.9). It randomly starts working again after 5mins-5days. I usually use it manually till it decides to come back online. The last time this happened I was bringing it back up and something snapped while pumping it up, now it there is no pump action. I didn't get into it cause it wasn't the time or place for any of that. It was close enough to fold up and shut the door but I gotta get back to it eventually.

This happen to anyone else? Is this a replaceable part inside the lift? What should I be searching for? The electrical bug would be nice to fix but as long as I have a guaranteed way of lifting/ lowering loads its fine.

Thanks.

I haven't disassembled mine as it has worked flawlessly for me, but will be removing soon so i can put new 3/4 plywood under it. Youll want to take the cover off it and have a look around as to what snapped. It could be the control which is replaceable, could be a circuit inside. You also want to check the reservoir while your in there as they do leak a bit. Mines a ricon that has some special hydraulic (texeco 3 or some aircraft) fluid im going to change out to Dexron 3 when i have it out.

That said, i have seen a few people sell them for $200 or so, but mostly i see them scrapped in peoples builds. If your willing to wait or drive, i bet an alert on Facebook groups would get you a working unit you can swap in.
fo4imtippin is offline   Reply With Quote