Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 10:34 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Mercedes-Benz
Rated Cap: 36pass
Where can I rent parking space in Florida

Hi Skoolie Forum. Long story short Ive been saving up for over two years now to work on my schoolie build, this is a dream of mine and has been so since I was a teenager. The only problem is Im currently at my parents house and the HOA here wouldnt allow to park a school bus in our drive way, let alone work on it. Ive been waiting for over a year for my parents to move homes to a place with a backyard or large driveway, but I dont see that happening any time soon now and Ive gave up hope. I keep getting older sitting around waiting and its time for me to just do something about it even if I have to spend some cash for a couple of month while I work at least on the important first stuff like gutting it and getting the solar system and water system ready. Im in south florida in the west palm beach area, Im curious to know what alternatives I have to getting this done, any tips or ideas on where I can park to get this done. Ive called a couple of storage places and they tell me I can store it for a couple hundred a monthbut I cant really work on it there and some of them even basically laughed and said theyve never heard of such a thing. Any ideas at all would be great, Im desperate at this point, and with a nice fleet of buses in auction ending in two days I want to figure out when I can get this started by next week.

Finixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:51 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International RE
Engine: International T444e
Rated Cap: 76
This thread is a duplicate post of:
https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f9/re...ida-33113.html

... or the other way around?
kazetsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:13 AM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: All American series 3605–3706
Engine: Cat3126B 7.2L 6L DIESEL
Rated Cap: 72 PASS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finixie View Post
Hi Skoolie Forum. Long story short Ive been saving up for over two years now to work on my schoolie build, this is a dream of mine and has been so since I was a teenager. The only problem is Im currently at my parents house and the HOA here wouldnt allow to park a school bus in our drive way, let alone work on it. Ive been waiting for over a year for my parents to move homes to a place with a backyard or large driveway, but I dont see that happening any time soon now and Ive gave up hope. I keep getting older sitting around waiting and its time for me to just do something about it even if I have to spend some cash for a couple of month while I work at least on the important first stuff like gutting it and getting the solar system and water system ready. Im in south florida in the west palm beach area, Im curious to know what alternatives I have to getting this done, any tips or ideas on where I can park to get this done. Ive called a couple of storage places and they tell me I can store it for a couple hundred a monthbut I cant really work on it there and some of them even basically laughed and said theyve never heard of such a thing. Any ideas at all would be great, Im desperate at this point, and with a nice fleet of buses in auction ending in two days I want to figure out when I can get this started by next week.
Hey there, Im in the same predicament myself, did you solve yours?
the only site i found was https://www.neighbor.com/rentals/Mia...ge-space-86217

but most of the people renting out space for large 60x20 ft are asking for over $300, I even put out an ad on craigslist and nothing.
Chicken Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 02:22 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2005
Chassis: Thomas
Engine: Mercedes-Benz
Rated Cap: 36pass
Hi
I did in fact solve it I actually found a neighbor not horribly far from me on the same webpage you suggested that rented me out a spot on his lot with enough room to work around my bus with no issue or complaints from anyone and its been nice and to me worth it so far.

The way I see it $200 - $300 wasnt too bad for something thats keeping me busy and happy, my bus is 40’ and thats about how much Id be looking at pretty much anywhere it just depending on your bus size and area and 60’ is pretty long. In my case Ive also been able to store all my tools and materials over there which also helps a lot, some people spend half of that at storage places anyway. I just suggest you just make sure the place you find understands the project youll be working on and the time of the day youd able to work, some people will probably not be okay with the noise specially if youll be running a power generator. Other than that Id make sure you have the budget for all if not most of your project before you start otherwise its just money youre spending on basically storing your bus.

In my case Ive just tried to just work as fast as I can considering Im doing 90% of the work by myself Im not doing too bad.

Good luck finding your place.
Finixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 04:26 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Year: TBD
Hey there! We're in the exact same predicament. We're in palm beach and cannot find anywhere to store the bus. I'm glad you found someone that'll work with you! We all know how hard is it to find space in this clustered part of the state!
Kirbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bus, florida, schoolbus, southflorida