Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy G30
Engine: 5.7 V8 TBI GM
Rated Cap: 10
Send a message via MSN to 91 Bus Guy
where to find Wayne info on their wiring?

I have a 1991 G30 Wayne short bus. I am having trouble finding why the inside passenger dome lights don't turn on with the switch. I checked the switch, it has power to and from the switch. But the wire coming from the switch is green and when it gets to the lights in question the wire is gray.

My question is, is there a place I can find a "Wayne," manual that would show the wiring codes? Each wire is numbered so with such a book, I could find out what to look for. I have purchased both the Regular factory service manual and the Electrical Service Manual for the Chevy portion of the bus. It would be nice to find a set of Wayne Service Manuals to go with the others.

I have searched with several engines and with as many words as I can think of and with no luck. I am just hoping someone may have a line on such books.

Thanks for any information or feedback. Once I get the basics covered I can start on the booth in the back.

Keith

Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Re: where to find Wayne info on their wiring?

My bus came with the wiring schematics in one of the several manuals that came with it. Maybe someone here has a manual for your bus? Wayne liked to use big junction blocks and relays to control things. That would explain why your wires change color.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Chevy G30
Engine: 5.7 V8 TBI GM
Rated Cap: 10
Send a message via MSN to 91 Bus Guy
Re: where to find Wayne info on their wiring?

I'll keep my fingers crossed. You never know who may have a copy.

UPDATE: As I am tied to a chair, I rely on the eyes of others to help me. Seems the gray wire was really the green wire but one half of it had been painted at the factory. (the side you see.) We both got a good chuckle out of it.

Thanks for all the help,

Keith