Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2021, 10:52 PM   #1

Where to Permanently Park

Hi guys! I’m 18 years old and my girlfriend and I are looking to make a skoolie our first house, but it would need to be in a permanent location. I’m a mechanic and my job is pretty set and like I said we’re 18 so we don’t have a ton of savings built up to travel full time. We’re just looking for a better opportunity for a first house than owing somebody every month. So what are some good options to park permanently? We’ve been considering buying a small amount of land but I’ve heard that there’s certain laws that prevent you from living in a bus on land. (I’m not sure how true that is.) We’ve also talked about finding someone with land and renting half an acre or so, but were just looking for any and all ideas. We are in the Denver, Colorado area.

aidand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:18 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Parking is different from living in it.

Read through this

https://www.skoolie.net/forums/f6/ne...and-37316.html

And maybe continue the conversation there, helpful for others coming along, with the same topic to discuss again.
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:54 PM   #3
Bus Nut

The sort of laws you are talking about that would or would not allow you to live in a bus/rv on your land would be specific to your local area, so it would be best to look into that locally or ask around. Local laws/codes are almost always freely available/readable online, just a little tedious/hard to parse. It will also depend very much on enforcement. Depending on where you live, there are many things that may be on the books but may not be enforced or where nobody will care or notice unless you have a busy body neightbor or act in a way that draws attention to yourself or causes a nuisance/harms others or the environment.
dzl_ is offline   Reply With Quote