Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #21
Almost There

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466 / AT545
Rated Cap: 71
Re: WTF is going on?

Gun Control laws are only control the law biding Citizens! this was in a "GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE" only one that had a gun was to perp! Outlaw the guns and only Outlaws will have Guns! There is nothing wrong with a waiting period and a better background check. The perp tried to get another gun but was turned down according to the news. Give the Good People the option to carry with the proper training, Give the Teacher, Principal Extra training and a Gun and the death toal could have been less, maybe just one, The perp.

I live in Illinois and they have strict Gun Control laws, You see how that has worked... Look at East St. Louis, Chicago and the Dekalb Northern Illinois University Shooting. Only good people go without because of the lawyers wanting to fry them if the do protect themselves.

My Heart and Prayers go out to the Parents. I can't imagine the Pain they have, I have a Six and Eight year old and the loss of them would be overwhelming. they are in my Prayers.

https://s1253.beta.photobucket.com/us...k1961/library/
kimberlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #22
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Chassis: International Amtran RE
Engine: DT466E/MD3060
Rated Cap: 78

Kimber

I was watching the news programs on this fine Sunday and they are reporting this individual procured these weapons from his mother? Maybe Im wrong but I could have swore thats what i heard? So all those beating that drum about gun control will have a hard time fighting that one, just as they would with the A hole who killed those people in the theater in Colorado. He obtained them legally.

I feel that peoples mental health needs to be really questioned here and in the other cases in recent time. If you know someone is not in a very good frame of mind...its better to let people know that to not know. Does it violate personal privacy some... sure but its getting to the point I dont care if it hurts you or not. There is no reason for innocent people to die. We are headed for a brick wall this time and the brakes are not working. Sadly as Kimber said most of the issues hurt law bidding citizens.

When people can not level the situaiton someone becomes a slave or a vicitim. Arm them and give them an opportunity to make it a fair fight.

Also my heart pours out to those who have lost and hurt.
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:27 PM   #23
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

I read most of this and nowhere in here did I hear of the malfunctioning trigger pullin zombiefied 20 yr old kid thats been on anti-depressents starting at the age of 14. Maybe he got tried of being zoned out and stop take'n his MEDS and fliped out. I do'nt guess we will hear how this kid at 14 to 20 yrs stayed in his room playing video games ( real freindly ones you can bet)
and eatting Ridlin and god knows what else kind'a MEDICINE. Lets talk about the doctor that was perscribing the meds. Mike Jackson's doctor over perscribed. But your not gonna hear about how doctors perscribe meds for jhonny so mom and dad can give him a game and the kid is quiet and life is good. These MEDICINE companys have got money and friends in the rite places more than Winnchester Colt Remmington and more than the NRA. So if we pass some more gun laws or even destroy all the guns and all the bad things will go away. I can't help but wonder if one teacher in that school would have been checked out on a firearm and had one, how many could have been saved. But it must be me, I'm the one go'n nuts it could'nt be everybody else. The guns are the problem.Hitlers doctor gave him MEDICINE and created that monster, and at the end of war the doctor walked away. People on drugs or comming off drugs are not fun to be around,but of coarse that could be just me. Put your money on big PHAMAH their gonna win. Guns and gun owners are gonna lose.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #24
Bus Nut

Russell

I respect your opion and glad you expressed it but I personally think your a little off. Debate is a healthy thing in my opinion. I challenge every person I can or who is willing to accept this. Load a weapon and sit it somewhere safely where a RESPONSIBLE gun owner would. Now I ask them to show me how that loaded weapon kills people. It will not happen. People kill people not the weapon. Its a hard cold heart that takes that action.

I have done this challenge repeated to people who think only guns kill. Most of them walk away in frustration which is fine. It gets my point across safely and no issues come up in the process.

Many would not take on comments like this but I think smarter and calmer minds will prevail. There is plenty of blame to go around on this issue. Lets let the tears dry up a little bit before we throw stones at the boggie men of ill doing. Lots of people died with out cause. Lets honor them before point fingers please.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Just remember .. guns don't kill people, people kill people
this happened the same day as the CT. school shooting........ completely under reported

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chete.html
Old 12-21-2012, 07:23 PM   #26

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyEagle
Just remember .. guns don't kill people, people kill people
this happened the same day as the CT. school shooting........ completely under reported

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chete.html

Just like the media can't get their guns straight, it seems they can't get the knives straight either. That is the same one I posted earlier but they said knife attack.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #27
Bus Crazy

and i thought someone would mention the 73 or so people gunned down at waco...
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #28
Bus Nut

Or the service members that fall week after week in places that we have no business being at? Those dont seem to make the daily headlines?